Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Looks like the Bison finally got all the 1st place votes in the Stats poll:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

Or the guys voting for someone else gave up on submitting their rankings.
    This is shocking news to me. They won in the trenches against a battle hardened trench warfare style team that has been known to use various trenches to pummel their trenchless opponent into the trenches....with trench coats.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At the bottom of the rankings is a list of voting members including.....Other Representatives: Josh Buchanan; David Hashagen; Sam Herder; Emory Hunt; <-- really?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    At the bottom of the rankings is a list of voting members including.....Other Representatives: Josh Buchanan; David Hashagen; Sam Herder; Emory Hunt; <-- really?
    Tommy Nabisco is a lock for the Payton.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Given the fact that the FCS all-time record winning streak is currently at 33 games, and an unbeaten season usually makes for 15 games a season, I would say that predicting "unbeaten seasons since 2010" seems to fit the definition of (in your words) an "idiot", or, most likely with this specific poster, someone pushing an agenda.

Now, if you want to change the goalpost and in complete hindsight recalibrate for a prediction of 1, maybe 2 straight seasons of being undefeated, given the historically unprecedented results of the last 8 years .......... then yeah, I guess no (in your words again) "f*cking MORON" is going to call the sanitarium immediately on you two, but who knows?
    Heres the facts, he is POINT NINE GAMES AWAY PER SEASON from being right. His point is very obviously that we are way too good compared to our competition. which is true based on every single piece of data available. This isnt the complete victory you think it is.
    No one knows what your second paragraph means. Maybe grammerly can help?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    What, in your mind, is “inappropriate” about the difference in quality among FCS programs?
    hmmmm... well we are what? 121-6 in the last 8 years? I dont know what to tell you. We arent playing very good teams. How could you possibly debate otherwise? I would love to hear your opening argument in the affirmative of the statement "Akshully, the rest of the FCS is really good".

The rest of the FCS isnt good. Sorry to trigger you
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    hmmmm... well we are what? 121-6 in the last 8 years? I dont know what to tell you. We arent playing very good teams. How could you possibly debate otherwise? I would love to hear your opening argument in the affirmative of the statement "Akshully, the rest of the FCS is really good".

The rest of the FCS isnt good. Sorry to trigger you
    I’m not disputing that we’ve been better than everybody else. I’m asking, ‘what’s wrong with that?’ I’m sorry if our success triggers people but how is it ‘inappropriate’?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Heres the facts, he is POINT NINE GAMES AWAY PER SEASON from being right. His point is very obviously that we are way too good compared to our competition. which is true based on every single piece of data available. This isnt the complete victory you think it is.
    No one knows what your second paragraph means. Maybe grammerly can help?
    I love it when a poster doubles down on stupid.

And talk about triggered, the original responses to your hero were obviously half in jest, yet you become unglued over it.

Maybe Bisonville could chip in and buy you some reading comprehension classes?

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    I love it when a poster doubles down on stupid.

And talk about triggered, the original responses to your hero were obviously half in jest, yet you become unglued over it.

Maybe Bisonville could chip in and buy you some reading comprehension classes?
    I rarely go to bat for Lakes, but since 2011 I've been predicting undefeated seasons also (except for this year as I didn't think our offense would do this). I think it's weird for any fan not to think that especially when we have the best team week in and week out.

I will also say that I don't have any agenda as I think it would be awesome for our team to go FBS but we don't have a home or the money to do it. Once those are cleaned up and it makes sense to go, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I rarely go to bat for Lakes, but since 2011 I've been predicting undefeated seasons also (except for this year as I didn't think our offense would do this). I think it's weird for any fan not to think that especially when we have the best team week in and week out.

I will also say that I don't have any agenda as I think it would be awesome for our team to go FBS but we don't have a home or the money to do it. Once those are cleaned up and it makes sense to go, then go for it.
    I think it’s weird for anyone to make predictions based on the notion that the best team always wins.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post

Generally, I agree with you, but undefeated seasons are hard to do and some of these posters make it seem like meh no big deal - all in complete hindsight.

We DO have the best team week in and week out, hands down, no comparison, with a record of accomplishment over the last decade that might never be topped. And yet over that same time period, if you were to predict unbeaten seasons every year, you would only be 22% correct.

The whole “discussion” of this point started (again) with agenda driven crap. Let’s instead enjoy the accomplishments for what they are and not purposely or inadvertently try to diminish unbeaten seasons with useless drivel about our current FCS status.