Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I feel that way too. Most games are pretty boring, watching Lance and playing in Minneapolis and Delaware have been the only things making this season interesting so far. I mean, it's fun to see a dominant team, but going on 9 years it would be nice to see some better competition. The FCS has not stepped up.

But I still don't see anybody posting a financial plan for how NDSU could move up. With enrollment on the decline and UND now in our conferences, I think the window has closed politically and I don't think it was ever open financially. If anybody can dispute that with logic and reason, I'll listen. Until then, you're just pissing in the wind.
    Hopefully the crowd gets into these next two home games against UC Davis and UNI because the boredom factor will likely be pretty high in the last 3 homes against what looks like the 3 worst teams in the conference in Misery St, WIU, and USD. Will probably be some relatively tame atmospheres with a half full student section if that.

Let's use Delaware as an example. Sagarin has them at #123 which is roughly around the middle of the pack in most G-5 conferences. Any move to a G-5 conference is just a lateral move although it might help us get better non-conference games.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I’m trying to make this not sound like I’m arguing with you but does that mean there are like 100 FBS teams that are better than the top 10 or at least the number 10 FCS school?

I mean there are 39 G5 schools rated higher than FCS number 10. 40 if you count BYU.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I feel that way too. Most games are pretty boring, watching Lance and playing in Minneapolis and Delaware have been the only things making this season interesting so far. I mean, it's fun to see a dominant team, but going on 9 years it would be nice to see some better competition. The FCS has not stepped up.

But I still don't see anybody posting a financial plan for how NDSU could move up. With enrollment on the decline and UND now in our conferences, I think the window has closed politically and I don't think it was ever open financially. If anybody can dispute that with logic and reason, I'll listen. Until then, you're just pissing in the wind.
    Sad but true. The only way I see NDSU moving up is if the entire conference moves up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Let's use Delaware as an example. Sagarin has them at #123 which is roughly around the middle of the pack in most G-5 conferences. Any move to a G-5 conference is just a lateral move although it might help us get better non-conference games.
    Your'e right. We would get to see FBS games. I suppose NDSU would get more exposure as well when going undefeated in the G-5.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Yeah I see what your saying. Delaware would be in the bottom 3-4 of all G5 conferences currently.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    This. That's why I don't know why some here think moving to a new second tier will be a step up...spoiler alert--it's a lateral move. We win now. We'll win then.
    Did somebody call G-5 a lateral move? Oh right, that was me, yesterday.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Based off of Sagarin ratings there are around 53 G5 teams that are rated higher than the FCS 25th rated team. That leaves around 12 that are rated lower than the FCS 25th rated team.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Based off of Sagarin ratings there are around 53 G5 teams that are rated higher than the FCS 25th rated team. That leaves around 12 that are rated lower than the FCS 25th rated team.
    When I joined as a BV member, I was told that there would be no math.

All of us

I know how you guys feel. I had my 1st grade daughter do the hard math. All I did was make sure I wrote the numbers down right (with her looking over my work).

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know how you guys feel. I had my 1st grade daughter do the hard math. All I did was make sure I wrote the numbers down right (with her looking over my work).
    Yeah, I once took a math course in my days at NDSU... it turned to be an astronomy course.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!