Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

I don't quite understand the spread tightening with SDSU. We blew out UNI by way more than the predicted and SDSU basically beat Youngstown by the prediction. Even with UN_, Butler, and Delaware losing big, I would think we would have kept the spread instead of losing a couple points. Not that it makes any difference, that's why we play the game.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I don't quite understand the spread tightening with SDSU. We blew out UNI by way more than the predicted and SDSU basically beat Youngstown by the prediction. Even with UN_, Butler, and Delaware losing big, I would think we would have kept the spread instead of losing a couple points. Not that it makes any difference, that's why we play the game.
    Probably were helped out by previous opponents like the Goophers blowing out Nebrasky and Southern Utah hanging fairly tough with Weber St.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yea, it is tightening, but I really, really dig how we match up with SDSU. Gibbs is suspect throwing the ball. If NDSU can force him to throw, it will be a long, long game for them. Youngstown was the first decent team they've played since the Gophers and they moved and scored on SDSU. Provided Trey takes care of the ball, the bad guys won't win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yea, it is tightening, but I really, really dig how we match up with SDSU. Gibbs is suspect throwing the ball. If NDSU can force him to throw, it will be a long, long game for them. Youngstown was the first decent team they've played since the Gophers and they moved and scored on SDSU. Provided Tre takes care of the ball, the bad guys won't win that game.
    I don't follow them closely, is Cade Johnson still a factor or is he hampered by QB play?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    I don't follow them closely, is Cade Johnson still a factor or is he hampered by QB play?
    Cade is doing well, but yes, he is hampered too. Suspect his numbers would even be bigger than they are.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what little I have seen he is still a factor and Danials and Strong are solid. Sounds like maybe their OL has been playing under par for what they are expecting with hopes of improvement. Gibbs seems to be what you would expect from a RFr QB not named Trey Lance. I do feel good about the game and how we have steadily gotten better every game.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    They scheme to get Johnson the ball. He's definitely still a focus of their offense. Gibbs is kind of a wild card to me. I can see him having big games and some real stinkers. Eyeball test he looks really rough in the pocket as a passer but is a talented athlete.

Maybe thinking too far ahead but how many teams have had back to back undefeated regular seasons? I'm sure that's probably happened, and they don't win the NC? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the next step so I didn't bother asking...

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Maybe thinking too far ahead but how many teams have had back to back undefeated regular seasons? I'm sure that's probably happened, and they don't win the NC? I'm pretty sure I know the answer to the next step so I didn't bother asking...
    The Minnesota Goph.... oh never mind this is the best record they have had in like 70 years. (Powerhouse)
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    We would go 4-1 against that schedule, all on the road.
    Because we’re here the Sagarin bot response:

5-0 1.3%
    4-1 10.0%
    3-2 28.4%
    2-3 35.9%
    1-4 20.2%
    0-5 4.1%
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie