Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don’t know if UND is an independent, exactly, they’re not eligible for the Big Sky autobid, but they’re playing a full conference schedule and apparently the games count in the conference standings.
    When they played EWU the announcers stated that the games count as conference games for uN_ opponents, uN_ needs an at-large bid to get into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    When they played EWU the announcers stated that the games count as conference games for uN_ opponents, uN_ needs an at-large bid to get into the playoffs.
    Correct................
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by EightyfourBison View Post
    They are basically a Big Sky team without an auto-bid opportunity, but they would get in/not get in based on how they performed in and out of conference, which is ~66% Big Sky results. Kind of like being a Big Sky team, especially in uN_'s case since they aren't putting up a record good enough to win the Big Sky.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The autobid doesn’t have any value in the power conferences anyway so it’s a moot point. The top team from Big Sky, MVFC, CAA are going to the playoffs regardless of an automatic qualifier. At 24 teams you have to be pretty inept at winning to get left out.

The question surrounds advocacy at the playoff committee level and whether UND will get any from its old conf (Big Fluff), or it’s new conf (MVFC).

If they are good enough they will get in, if they aren’t, they won’t

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    The autobid doesn’t have any value in the power conferences anyway so it’s a moot point. The top team from Big Sky, MVFC, CAA are going to the playoffs regardless of an automatic qualifier. At 24 teams you have to be pretty inept at winning to get left out.

The question surrounds advocacy at the playoff committee level and whether UND will get any from its old conf (Big Fluff), or it’s new conf (MVFC).

This is what I was trying to say... because they are playing Fluffy teams for the most of their schedule, pretty sure it would be the former, not the latter, and that probably helps them.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

over the past TWO years you cant shade UN- on their schedule, They beat UC Davis as handily as the Bison did and they play a pretty solid schedule going forward. I dont wish them any luck but if they can beat UC Davis they have a chance beating anybody else on a solid remaining schedule. Remember, we are all DII when it comes down to it.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is what I was trying to say... because they are playing Fluffy teams for the most of their schedule, pretty sure it would be the former, not the latter, and that probably helps them.
    When UND has a good record this year and doesn't get voted in, they finally come to this self realization:

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    over the past TWO years you cant shade UN- on their schedule, They beat UC Davis as handily as the Bison did and they play a pretty solid schedule going forward. I dont wish them any luck but if they can beat UC Davis they have a chance beating anybody else on a solid remaining schedule. Remember, we are all DII when it comes down to it.
    They won in the last minute by two on a FG...NDSU won by double-digits. I don't this this is accurate at all.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    UC-Davis is was overrated IMO, they almost got beat by San Diego, they did have a nice Game against us but it was their superbowl. UND got them after 2 very physical games NDSU and Montana.

They platy the before those two and I dont think they win
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post

The autobid May have some value. A year or two ago the 3rd or 4th best team in the CAA, I think it was, got seeded above all their conference mates by virtue of winning it on tie-break criteria.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie