Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Default Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

I've got (3) brothers.

(2) of them, like me, have NDSU degrees, (1) of them U of Wisconsin.

One of the (2) NDSU grads went on to get his doctorate at U of M. He's a proud & happy Gopher Alum with a (thriving) medical practice down in the MSP area.

The only time said brother sets foot in ND (any more) is to slay walleye at Devils Lake or to devastate the pheasant population (anywhere west of Missouri and south of 94 will work).

Needless to say, the sun is shining bright on his Gopher chest and he's loving the spotlight which the Gophers have rightfully earned.

My questions...

As PJ gets the boat rowing down in the MSP area, will this have any effect on the herd?
    Really, how many guys are preferred walk-ons (at MN) who choose NDSU for full scholly?
    It's very clear that 1/3'ish of the Bison on the field are MN guys (is that about right?).
    Will Fleck just jump to the next opportunity when it comes along with continued success?

I really don't mind seeing the Gopher program success, but of course, I hold the Bison near and dear.

p.s. Klieman taking down Oklahoma was quite impressive. Nice work Coach K on the Sooner playoff wrecker!

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

The music man is going to be rowing that boat out of town the only question is if it happens before or after his shtick wears off.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

As a Minnesotan who went to NDSU, I've always been a fan of both teams and would love to see them both do great. I love what P.J. has done with the team so far. Sure, "row the boat" and "elite" get old, but the more I see of him and hear him talk, the more I think I would have loved to play on his team. I do think he's completely sincere in his "shtick."

The better the gophers get, the more high profile national recruits will want to come to MN. I don't see the MN kids going to NDSU changing much, if at all.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gophers mostly get whoever they want in MN anyways so I don’t see how it much affects us. If anything it hurts other B10 teams competing for top MN recruits.

No

10char

Fleck left his wife and 2 kids for a shiny new object w fake boobs.... he'll parlay this year with a 8-4 9-3...10-2 record into UCLA or somewhere like that.

in regards to recruiting. NO. Fleck is going after 3-4 star kids, he wants bigger and better and has zero loyalty to local kids. plus NDSU cant get the top 5 kids from Minnesota anyways. but we need to continue to be aggressive with #5-#15 like we have recently
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Gophers haven't played anybody with a pulse yet. They'll lose to Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin but they'll get a shitty bowl game so they got that going for them. Gophers will never be an elite B1G team, they've reached their ceiling.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Gophers haven't played anybody with a pulse yet. They'll lose to Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin but they'll get a shitty bowl game so they got that going for them. Gophers will never be an elite B1G team, they've reached their ceiling.
    This is pretty much how I see it as well. I wish we had their schedule.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    The better the gophers get, the more high profile national recruits will want to come to MN. I don't see the MN kids going to NDSU changing much, if at all.
    ^^^ This. The academic standards at the U also limit who they can recruit.
    It's OK to not be OK.