Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Sagarin Says

Default Re: 2019 Sagarin Says

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Can someone explain why SDSU not getting more love in the polls? To me, they should be #2 at this point. I also think Montana should be #3 in the polls.....
    Because they've beat a collection of stiffs. At least JMU has beat one decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Because they've beat a collection of stiffs. At least JMU has beat one decent team.
    I have the same suspicions as you replied to with Villanova. Beat Towson in OT (not sold on Towson this year) and the rest are beyond patsies...and they didn’t even blow the doors off all of them.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    If I told you their non-Oregon opponents average Sagarin is the equivalent of TN- Martin would you change your mind? They've beaten up on some pretty shitty opponents so far. We laid an egg against UC-Davis, don't let our poor showing there reflect better on the Griz. They don't play a quality opponent til Weber November 16. It's basically us, JMU and the Jacks, it's a big drop off from there. So maybe you're right, just pull names from a hat to fill in the rest of the 25.
    Gives me pause, but I'm standing my ground. More so there aren't that many good teams than they're elite. Top end tier to team. Their streakiness could catch the real contenders

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Minn Goofs are a #34 at 5-0 with Big 10 wins over Purdue and Illinois. Look at their schedule and next 3 are Nebr. (not great this year), Rutgers, Maryland. They could easily be 8-0 and thinking they are something. Then they play their 3 tough games of the year, Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin. I always thought the Big 10 schedule was supposed to be a real grind....what a joke. Three tough games for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Minn Goofs are a #34 at 5-0 with Big 10 wins over Purdue and Illinois. Look at their schedule and next 3 are Nebr. (not great this year), Rutgers, Maryland. They could easily be 8-0 and thinking they are something. Then they play their 3 tough games of the year, Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin. I always thought the Big 10 schedule was supposed to be a real grind....what a joke. Three tough games for the year.
    B1G West is nothing special, and they had a soft non-conference schedule.
    College of Business Alumnus

SDSU, JMU, and Mont all within a Field goal of each other at this point so arguments to be had on all sides.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    UND is an Independent and I think it will be tough for them to get in unless they run the table. I believe they have Montana in El Forko yet. Do not see them making the playoffs.
    Montana State in Grand Forks. Don’t play Montana.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Griz are falling in love with themselves, will be fun to watch those last two games. Should be lots of gnashing teeth after those two losses. They are really hungry for their old glory days

I don’t know if UND is an independent, exactly, they’re not eligible for the Big Sky autobid, but they’re playing a full conference schedule and apparently the games count in the conference standings.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I don’t know if UND is an independent, exactly, they’re not eligible for the Big Sky autobid, but they’re playing a full conference schedule and apparently the games count in the conference standings.
    They are classified as an independent. The schedule was already in place when they made the move.