Thread: NDSU 10th best football program of all time

Hybrid View

Default NDSU 10th best football program of all time

Default Re: NDSU 10th best football program of all time

Does Notre Dame really belong at number 2?

AP voting was a marketing play the numbers scheme for years. Skews a lot of the “champions”. NDSU would have had a very tough time with those championship selection methods even today.

Really 10 without needing to go through a playoff? Way to be voted into a position to win 10 single games guys. Only 4 of those after 1950...

Once they are voted in position and win 2 in a row they can claim the ability to win in a playoff situation I suppose.

I guess transitive properties bowl they can pretend they would have beaten ‘Bama this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty damn cool!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Texas and Nebraska in our sights!

"Talk about higher education: Where else would Saturday's America have learned there's a "z" in Bison. The dominance that North Dakota State has exerted over the FCS (née I-AA) in the past decade is rivaled only by the program's dominance over Division II for a quarter of a century beginning in 1965. And as we saw when College GameDay visited Fargo in 2013, Bison fans have got some juice."

First, obviously this is pretty cool. But does anyone else wish they would have added their record against the FBS since going D1? A single sentence would have done it...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default NDSU 10th best football program of all time

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    "Talk about higher education: Where else would Saturday's America have learned there's a "z" in Bison. The dominance that North Dakota State has exerted over the FCS (née I-AA) in the past decade is rivaled only by the program's dominance over Division II for a quarter of a century beginning in 1965. And as we saw when College GameDay visited Fargo in 2013, Bison fans have got some juice."

First, obviously this is pretty cool. But does anyone else wish they would have added their record against the FBS since going D1? A single sentence would have done it...
    Why? You don’t think the #10 ranking itself stands up to FBS criticism? #LittleManSyndrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Why? You don’t think the #10 ranking itself stands up to FBS criticism? #LittleManSyndrome?
    I'd say it's just more relevant to the point of the ranking than Gameday's appearance in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

Yeah...and maybe they could swallow as well, huh? Would that make you happy?

Dude... you're a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post

I'm a "piece of work" because I asked a question? LOL, ok bro. Stay cool.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery