Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NCAA Finances Updated

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NCAA Finances Updated

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we could raise an extra 30 million in student fees, our budget would be in the ballpark of Mountain West Schools
    We'd have a lot of 11 pm ct road games on ESPN 2 in late October and november.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    .....on a Thursday.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    .....on a Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by 89mtbison View Post
    .....on a thursday.
    but we'd be fbs!!1111@@!!@!@ pump it up boys1!@!@#!@#!#%135245

If people insist on talking about a G5 fantasy, NDSU should hold out for the AAC. Better travel, one time zone (in the right direction), better conference. Other than Wyoming and CSU, I see no natural rivals in the MWC. Hawaii and the CA are problematic from a travel perspective.

Disclaimer - I like where we are just fine right now, and there would have to be some major shake-ups in ND* for this to ever become a possibility

*ND hates change of any kind

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    If people insist on talking about a G5 fantasy, NDSU should hold out for the AAC. Better travel, one time zone (in the right direction), better conference. Other than Wyoming and CSU, I see no natural rivals in the MWC. Hawaii and the CA are problematic from a travel perspective.

Disclaimer - I like where we are just fine right now, and there would have to be some major shake-ups in ND* for this to ever become a possibility

*ND hates change of any kind
    I am very much not FBS-averse, however I really dont see it happening unless a few other schools jump with us. in a fantasy world, would I like to see us in the MWC? Sure! does it make sense? Not particularly, not when our closest away game is fricken Colorado and Wyoming. MWC teams would definitely be more fun from a competition perspective. MAC makes more sense geographically, but those teams?? woof. I think MAC could work but honestly the prestige of the MAC is essentially 0% and NO fun matchups. I honestly think if SDSU, UNI, and either USD/UND (I know they suck in every way, I'm not suggesting otherwise) were able to jump with us, I would be VASTLY more interested in all possibilities.

Do I want it to happen? yeah. but like everyone here, I dont want to do it if there is no logical conference to go to, and right now, there really isnt. something could definitely change, but right now nothing makes sense
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I am very much not FBS-averse, however I really dont see it happening unless a few other schools jump with us. in a fantasy world, would I like to see us in the MWC? Sure! does it make sense? Not particularly, not when our closest away game is fricken Colorado and Wyoming. MWC teams would definitely be more fun from a competition perspective. MAC makes more sense geographically, but those teams?? woof. I think MAC could work but honestly the prestige of the MAC is essentially 0% and NO fun matchups. I honestly think if SDSU, UNI, and either USD/UND (I know they suck in every way, I'm not suggesting otherwise) were able to jump with us, I would be VASTLY more interested in all possibilities.

Do I want it to happen? yeah. but like everyone here, I dont want to do it if there is no logical conference to go to, and right now, there really isnt. something could definitely change, but right now nothing makes sense
    As pro-FBS as I am, this is how I feel to a T. I would love for it to happen. Maybe some day.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

stop with the Tuesday/THursday scare tactic. its like 1 game a year maybe for a MWC/MAC team and if it's an away game, who gives a crap.

hell a Thursday night game on ESPN in Fargo would be rockin.

Yes I like the AAC. But NDSU is in the West..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    But NDSU is in the West..
    Are you saying that you prefer family vacations to Yellowstone over DC? If so, I totally agree. No comparison whatsoever. But sorry, NDSU is not in the west, just like Minneapolis and Winnipeg are not in the west.

But I used to tell myself the same thing, so I understand where you’re coming from …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Are you saying that you prefer family vacations to Yellowstone over DC? If so, I totally agree. No comparison whatsoever. But sorry, NDSU is not in the west, just like Minneapolis and Winnipeg are not in the west.

But I used to tell myself the same thing, so I understand where you’re coming from …
    I think hes saying in the West compared to the rest of the AAC. However compared to the rest of the MWC we are very much EAST lol....
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS