Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dom and Jeff going behind the pay wall

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dom and Jeff going behind the pay wall

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Well that makes sense you can use a computer, and probably rotate a JPEG.....
    You are severely overestimating my skillz...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    An actual old school physical paper? I've heard rumors that there were still some of you out there...
    Yessir. I also have a few magazines delivered. The Sunday paper more than pays for itself with the coupons inside even when there aren't coupons every week.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    By reading the comments I thought that Dom and Jeff were setting this up themselves. It sall of the Forumn content, and it appears they were volun-TOLD that their content would be included under the Forum Pay wall.

If the Forum was my home newspaper, I would consider it (probably pulling the trigger, honestly), but its not.. so not certain I will. Who knows. I very nearly did Bison Report, but chickened out.

If Dom and Jeff, Ross and the gang were smart, they'd team up- and join the athletic or something lol
    We've been mentioned a few times in this discussion, both here and in other places and I want to make something very clear:

I took over Bison Report on June 1. Since then we have had 75 pieces of content go up. 24 of those have been VIP. 51 have been free. I would argue that calling Bison Report "behind a paywall" is inaccurate. We're going to continue to provide a ton of free NDSU content, which will only increase when BRR comes back (always free).

Will we happily take more VIP subscribers? Of course. Do that if you appreciate what we do. Otherwise, enjoy the hell out of our free content.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/to-...s-and-viewers/

Thoughts? They have always been the gold standard for coverage, but they have a lot more competition now and I wonder if this is not really the time to do this.

Discuss.
    I already get the paper, does seem like they have gotten a lot more powerful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    We've been mentioned a few times in this discussion, both here and in other places and I want to make something very clear:

I took over Bison Report on June 1. Since then we have had 75 pieces of content go up. 24 of those have been VIP. 51 have been free. I would argue that calling Bison Report "behind a paywall" is inaccurate. We're going to continue to provide a ton of free NDSU content, which will only increase when BRR comes back (always free).

Will we happily take more VIP subscribers? Of course. Do that if you appreciate what we do. Otherwise, enjoy the hell out of our free content.
    us VIP'ers demand you close off all the public posts.... haha. j.kidding!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post

I’m in the club of people that enjoy free content. You should consolidate all your content under one Bisonville thread. That will get more conversation and maybe more VIP scrips for you. Do a good enough job, maybe suck up to the mods some and it might be worth a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows View Post
    does seem like they have gotten a lot more powerful
    I don't read this as a sign of power. More like desperation.

Good online newspapers can offer varying degrees of free content because they get add revenue. See strib and wapo. For whatever reason, the many heads of FCC can't make this model work. That can't be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I don't read this as a sign of power. More like desperation.

Good online newspapers can offer varying degrees of free content because they get add revenue. See strib and wapo. For whatever reason, the many heads of FCC can't make this model work. That can't be a good sign.
    Strib has their stuff on lockdown. I quit going there a couple years ago because their paywall was too tight. Not to speak to any financial troubles of FCC but their paywall is not a hard paywall. It's not super generous either but once it is fully operational it will be 6 free articles within a 30 day period. Also if you are getting hit by the ad blocker crap they have on there remember to just hit the esc key repeatedly after you see the majority of the content load.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Strib has their stuff on lockdown. I quit going there a couple years ago because their paywall was too tight. Not to speak to any financial troubles of FCC but their paywall is not a hard paywall. It's not super generous either but once it is fully operational it will be 6 free articles within a 30 day period. Also if you are getting hit by the ad blocker crap they have on there remember to just hit the esc key repeatedly after you see the majority of the content load.
    Good to know. Thanks. I enjoy the Bison coverage so I would miss that
    For the strib, just clean your browser history and you can keep getting content even with adds blocked

Dom will be on WDAY-AM talking sports every weekday from 9:00 - 11:00 beginning after Labor Day. It sounds like he won't be doing the nightly sports except for Friday nights during football season.
    Last edited by Hammerhead; 08-19-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    It's OK to not be OK.