Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Dom and Jeff going behind the pay wall

Default Re: Dom and Jeff going behind the pay wall

The one thing I like about Dom Jeff and Eric that I don't feel I get from the other media outlets (1660, KVLY, BisonReport, Bison Illustrated, etc) is a certain level of impartiality. They can still exude a certain level of homerism, but it's a little less over the top.

It is also ridiculous that we have this many media choices as an FCS fanbase.

*edit* My post now seems redundant as three posts saying about the same thing went up before I hit post.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post

In fairness, I have really tapered off on the Bison 1660 content as well. They are a little too "cheerleader-y" for me. I think there have been issues that, I'd assume is because of their revenue arrangement, B1660 hasn't really asked questions that should be asked.
    This a thousand times, it was great at first, but its all Kool aid, they need a show or a personality that is willing to ask and critique things...I am still hoping they can get some voice of reason
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    This a thousand times, it was great at first, but its all Kool aid, they need a show or a personality that is willing to ask and critique things...I am still hoping they can get some voice of reason
    They should pick a bisonville thread at random and read it on air.

Different voices for different posters. Goofy sound effects like a clown horn when Barney posts... just spitballin'

I understand the newspaper charging for content however a TV station charging for content that is different. Yes TV is free however you are charged a certain amount if watch on cable or statellite . Personally I think FCC has gone to far.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Same. They wont rip on anyone unless its former players about SDSU.
    Those moments get fun, but they are too few and far between. I like the guys on the station, but it comes off as unauthentic when they think that all 120+ FCS teams are gonna make the playoffs etc.
    The you're going to enjoy Nate Tanguay and Cole Jirik's new show that starts in a week or so.
    Hail the BISON!!!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sad to see, love their coverage of NDSU but I am not paying extra for it, there is just to much content out there already. Dom has given us THE best FCS coverage in the nation and Kolpack has done an excellent job reporting on the Bison for the Forum. I get why they are doing this and it has nothing to do with greed. Their employers are merely trying to capilize on their success to help keep a dying form of media alive. Its a crappy situation for sure. Unfortunately for them though, Ross is going to pick up a pile of clicks over this if he is smart about it.
    Last edited by AKBison; 08-12-2019 at 11:09 PM.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I now live 1800 miles away from Fargo where I grew up and went to NDSU and check out the Forum every day. However, paywalls are not my thing. So long Forum, Fargo and so long NDSU coverage.

Hey Dom, since you are all so needy, I'll send you back my copies of Bison Football - Three Decades of Excellence and Horn Up so you can cash them in for more revenue.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I now live 1800 miles away from Fargo where I grew up and went to NDSU and check out the Forum every day. However, paywalls are not my thing. So long Forum, Fargo and so long NDSU coverage.

Hey Dom, since you are all so needy, I'll send you back my copies of Bison Football - Three Decades of Excellence and Horn Up so you can cash them in for more revenue.
    Dom might like you sending him Jeff's books

With that no way I'm paying to read an article about a position battle or a kids parents living here while he goes to school, peace out Jeff and Dom

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can very much appreciate the need for local media to build and maintain revenue sources as much of the ad revenue goes online. Still, the cut-rate production values and obvious commentary don't make me feel I need to buy it. Good luck with that.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post

I don't believe, and yes, I could be wrong, that the paywall is Dom or Jeff's decision. I believe it is their employer, and therefore, no reason to be mad either Dom or Jeff.
    Hail the BISON!!!