Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison Media Zone

Default Re: Bison Media Zone

Wasn't their ability to broadcast live onsite during the pre/post game one of the issues? I happen to like all the coverage NDSU can get. Also think Dom Jeff and Eric do a pretty good job covering all of FCS football and are entertaining to watch.

I don't see why this is such a divisive issue for fans.

Lots of paywalls going up around Bison Football. ESPN +, BisonReport, now Bison Media Zone. Sign of the times. Is Bisonville Next?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Because I'm not local the only thing I would get out of said subscription is Izzo and Kolpack's stuff, I think I'd prefer to support BisonReport -even though scout wouldn't answer their phone when I called a dozen times to cancel my subscription last time.
    Hail Hydra.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wasn't their ability to broadcast live onsite during the pre/post game one of the issues? I happen to like all the coverage NDSU can get. Also think Dom Jeff and Eric do a pretty good job covering all of FCS football and are entertaining to watch.

Lots of paywalls going up around Bison Football. ESPN +, BisonReport, now Bison Media Zone. Sign of the times. Is Bisonville Next?!?!?!?!?!?!!
    Yes, press coverage during gameday was an issue, and the Forum didn't like it.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

I don't think tony would charge too much more than he already does. And the automatic paypal payment he had me set up when I registered is so easy to use. I barely even miss that $45/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I used to watch every one of their Monday post-press conference and Saturday postgame videos but I soured on it after they (Kolpack mostly) threw the holy shit fit about lack of access when the radio contract was awarded to Radio FM Media and haven't watched much of their stuff since then. I haven't missed it all that much. Those guys are still great follows on Twitter but not nearly as essential to following the Bison as they used to be with all the coverage from Bison Report and Bison 1660 now.
    Kolpack is a pretty good sports/Bison mind. Dom works hard but isnt super knowledgeable. Sort of like ESPN moving content to pay mode years ago. It isnt good enough to pay for.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I used to watch every one of their Monday post-press conference and Saturday postgame videos but I soured on it after they (Kolpack mostly) threw the holy shit fit about lack of access when the radio contract was awarded to Radio FM Media and haven't watched much of their stuff since then. I haven't missed it all that much. Those guys are still great follows on Twitter but not nearly as essential to following the Bison as they used to be with all the coverage from Bison Report and Bison 1660 now.
    Same here, I used to hit up their site all the time, watched the videos, read the articles, participated in their live chats, etc, but stopped for the same reason as you. Kolpack jumped the shark with that performance.

Had they kept it as a separate entity and not put it under the Forum I would have been tempted to pay a small fee for it to help Dom and Jeff out but I won't give a dime to the Forum.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This makes me sad. I love Jeff and Dom. It was frustrating to pause my adblocker for the Forum's website when that started a couple weeks back, and now this. Newspapers have typically made money from ads, no? I guess all the spam on websites don't get as many clicks as they expected, so they need to charge? I would love to understand more why newspapers have been forced this route.

Anyway, my Adblocker is back on because the clutter on the site is painful, and I will just do my best to avoid the Forum from now on. I will miss Jeff and Dom. I loved meeting them at the first FCS national championship game and they, along with Eric, have been a lot of fun to watch and read over the years. They have kept me informed while living away from the FM community.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

One huge reason as to the why is big box retailers pulled their ads from local newspapers to the tune of millions of $$ of revenue impact per year even to a publisher the size of forum communications.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

What will I wrap my fish in if the Folum goes all digital?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.