Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Media Zone

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison Media Zone

Kolpack and Izzo’s blog is moving behind a paywall on InForum’s main site.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/to-...s-and-viewers/

As many know, the Forum has launched a new paywall. It is now common in media practices for news sites to charge for content and the Forum is doing that. With that said, the Bison Media Zone will move to the main Forum site and be part of the paywall.”

Default Re: Bison Media Zone

If I'm going to pay for content, it's going to be Bison Report. Also, I'm not paying for content.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not really worth it, IMO, to pay for info that comes out a couple days after it is brought up here. I can do without the human interest pieces.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Kolpack and Izzo’s blog is moving behind a paywall on InForum’s main site.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/to-...s-and-viewers/

As many know, the Forum has launched a new paywall. It is now common in media practices for news sites to charge for content and the Forum is doing that. With that said, the Bison Media Zone will move to the main Forum site and be part of the paywall.”
    Reality of the modern day newspaper business. In suprised it's taken this long

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Reality of the modern day newspaper business. In suprised it's taken this long
    The forum also stopped sending out the Sunday paper. I'll just watch the Sunday bison football show.

Lardsin must go!

I used to watch every one of their Monday post-press conference and Saturday postgame videos but I soured on it after they (Kolpack mostly) threw the holy shit fit about lack of access when the radio contract was awarded to Radio FM Media and haven't watched much of their stuff since then. I haven't missed it all that much. Those guys are still great follows on Twitter but not nearly as essential to following the Bison as they used to be with all the coverage from Bison Report and Bison 1660 now.

They cried over not having free access to NDSU sports, now they are charging you to hear about their free access.

Hard pass

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    They cried over not having free access to NDSU sports, now they are charging you to hear about their free access.

Hard pass
    They're in a bad spot because this is Marcil's decision, not theirs. Of course he could have saved some money on his wife's vanity project and probably not needed the paywall for now.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I used to watch every one of their Monday post-press conference and Saturday postgame videos but I soured on it after they (Kolpack mostly) threw the holy shit fit about lack of access when the radio contract was awarded to Radio FM Media and haven't watched much of their stuff since then. I haven't missed it all that much. Those guys are still great follows on Twitter but not nearly as essential to following the Bison as they used to be with all the coverage from Bison Report and Bison 1660 now.
    I also was soured by it and did what you did. I read maybe 10% of their content and used to read 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post

Hard pass
    Ha ha! What goes around, comes around.

Amen to the hard pass. I also quit their coverage after their hissy fit on the access, and haven't missed it one bit.