Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

Default Re: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't know. I'm such a rube (with Gabe) that I listen to just about every show and Nate's deal is starting to finally bore me. I like the locker room show but that is where he belongs. He really should be banned from every other show until he actually learns something about college and NFL football. It is seriously like he follows no program outside of NDSU and even his knowledge of the Packers is lacking......
    It is just his schtick I'm thinking. Kind of like lakes...you don't put much stock in it...just take it for entertainment value. On the insiders, I don't put much more stock in what JJ says...but I don't find him entertaining. I like Culhane, though...he would be great calling out Nate...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

It would be nice if Nate did just a little more research. He doesn't have to be an expert but he his football landscape knowledge is very low. I do love his unfiltered takes. When he called EWU scum on the insiders this morning I laughed out loud driving to work. You know Culhane and JJ cringed when he did that and I love it.

Cole & Nate should just change the name to "Hater's Ball" and just call out the BS that UNI, SDSU, EWU does on the field or off, now THAT would bring in listeners.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think it was the UC Davis preview show (might have been the Delaware preview) where their transition was pretty much "next, we've going to talk about UC Davis and why the Bison will whup 'em" - The Art of the Segue.
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

Hail the BISON!!!

Listened today... it's Cole and Kyle... anyone know what happened to Nate? Got the impression Kyle was the permanent new co-host. Kyle did a great job, and its still a must listen for me... just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Listened today... it's Cole and Kyle... anyone know what happened to Nate? Got the impression Kyle was the permanent new co-host. Kyle did a great job, and its still a must listen for me... just curious.
    Was surprised and had similar questions/thoughts as you appear to have. Show had a bit of a more refined feel to it. Tanguay is great and I love him, but his “I hate those guys and those guys suck” bit gets a little repetitive at times. Would love for him to play the part of the engineer who chimes in occasionally.

Next man up?

Might of had a work schedule conflict?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Sounded like to me he simply could not do the show that day. I did not have the impression this was a permanent switch, but yes, Kyle knows a lot more about football than Nate. With that said, last week, Nate was much better and had appeared to have done a little more homework. He really could be a natural at radio combining his "you suck" mentality with actual football knowledge.