Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

Default Re: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Every week I learn something new. This week I learned that Nate Tanguay doesn't really know anything about college football and Kyle Emanuel lives in Cole Jirik's basement.
    Another good show this week. A couple things I found interesting:
    1) Nate would not have committed here if they didn't play indoors.
    2) Cole brought up how big of an impact the home crowd being loud has on the opposing offense when he was talking about the new difficulties UC Davis will face that they haven't had to deal with yet (even at Cal). Means more for me to hear that come from a player who played in it for 4 years.

Default Re: New Bison1660 Radio Show - 7 am The Locker Room Tate Tanguay/ Cole Jirek

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    2) Cole brought up how big of an impact the home crowd being loud has on the opposing offense when he was talking about the new difficulties UC Davis will face that they haven't had to deal with yet (even at Cal). Means more for me to hear that come from a player who played in it for 4 years.
    If anyone truly appreciates the fan noise, it's gotta be the dline guys. This show is also exactly what 1660 needs. So much fun listening to those guys.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No link this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    No link this time?
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...september-16th

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You da man Professor! How do these boys not know which Harbaugh coaches Michigan? At the very least I thought one of the 3 would have the answer after break.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    You da man Professor! How do these boys not know which Harbaugh coaches Michigan? At the very least I thought one of the 3 would have the answer after break.
    Nate has surprisingly little knowledge of the college football landscape outside of NDSU and the teams NDSU typically plays. Cole put him on the spot this week and asked him who the Quakers were since Delaware just played them and he had no clue. It's good radio comedy though... he's very Power Trip-ish throwing out takes mostly for entertainment value moreo than with any deep thought behind them. There's nothing wrong with that either... he doesn't hide the fact that he's throwing darts. It's better than what JJ does on the Insiders acting like some overall FCS guru (who has a massive NDSU and MVFC bias).

Nate and Cole are a good team though. You can tell Cole does some good research and follows a lot of college football games on Saturdays.... Nate not so much but he's funny so it's all good. And both have great insight on what it's like to be a player at NDSU. They talked this week about how as freshmen they thought that bye weeks would be breaks... then Kramer got ahold of them for the week.

Nate has surprisingly little knowledge of the college football landscape outside of NDSU and the teams NDSU typically plays. Cole put him on the spot this week and asked him who the Quakers were since Delaware just played them and he had no clue. It's good radio comedy though... he's very Power Trip-ish throwing out takes mostly for entertainment value moreo than with any deep thought behind them. There's nothing wrong with that either... he doesn't hide the fact that he's throwing darts. It's better than what JJ does on the Insiders acting like some overall FCS guru (who has a massive NDSU and MVFC bias).

Nate and Cole are a good team though. You can tell Cole does some good research and follows a lot of college football games on Saturdays.... Nate not so much but he's funny so it's all good. And both have great insight on what it's like to be a player at NDSU. They talked this week about how as freshmen they thought that bye weeks would be breaks... then Kramer got ahold of them for the week.
    I'm really liking the show. I wish Nate was on the insiders instead of JJ.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That would make the 11-1 show a lot more interesting that's for sure.

I'd love to have them both as color analysts on the KVLY telecasts with Brian Shawn. Give some old MNF 3-man booth vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't know. I'm such a rube (with Gabe) that I listen to just about every show and Nate's deal is starting to finally bore me. I like the locker room show but that is where he belongs. He really should be banned from every other show until he actually learns something about college and NFL football. It is seriously like he follows no program outside of NDSU and even his knowledge of the Packers is lacking......