Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Over/Under 2 Losses in 2019

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Over/Under 2 Losses in 2019

2 to 3 sounds about right. Delaware, UC Davis, Illinois St, Youngstown St, the bunnies, and UNI are all going to be tough games...something might give with the new faces in coaching and certain positions.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    2 to 3 sounds about right. Delaware, UC Davis, Illinois St, Youngstown St, the bunnies, and UNI are all going to be tough games...something might give with the new faces in coaching and certain positions.
    Or, something might also click.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'm not a big gambler, but shouldn't it be over/under 1.5 or 2.5 games? I'm going with one loss and new member of the trophy case. Mrs. Hammerhead isn't as confident since she didn't want to buy tickets to the SDSU game until she knew we had a good team.
    I think sometimes they aren't with a .5 added. 2 does seem like the perfect number.

If it was set at 2.5 the under would be (-180) and the over (+220). Am I way off on that, Bowler/Audit?

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Over/Under 2 Losses in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    JMU was a 10 point loss.
    I counted 25 wins by one score. Unrealistic to think you should go 31-0 in close games.

I think this season has a chance to be one of the worst in the past 9 years. Lots of variables in play with the players we lost and the new coaching staff.
    There is a lot of truth here. This year’s team should be quite good, and I’d say especially so on defense. The defense alone is probably good enough to win another natty. With that said, this season....pumping the brakes are in order. New QB, and I’d honestly be quite concerned with this receiving corpse even if Easton was the one throwing. There are going to be a lot of frustrating times watching these young men grow up, it’s the nature of the beast after some of the experienced seniors we’ve had.

Forgot to add that given what we have at WR, losing Seth Wilson is going to hurt that much more. He would have been a huge element of the passing and run game

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Over/Under 2 Losses in 2019

UND going undefeated would be equivalent to us losing 3 regular season games. Impossible. We MAY lose 1 but no more than that...for the season.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    There is a lot of truth here. This year’s team should be quite good, and I’d say especially so on defense. The defense alone is probably good enough to win another natty. With that said, this season....pumping the brakes are in order. New QB, and I’d honestly be quite concerned with this receiving corpse even if Easton was the one throwing. There are going to be a lot of frustrating times watching these young men grow up, it’s the nature of the beast after some of the experienced seniors we’ve had.

Forgot to add that given what we have at WR, losing Seth Wilson is going to hurt that much more. He would have been a huge element of the passing and run game
    Should be "corps." Freudian slip???

UnDeFeatEd!

#TheyH8UsCauseThey8ntUs

I'm going to go over - 3 losses.

NDSU might have lost one of the best senior classes in history plus Brock Robbins. The loss of experience that is the biggest deal, but the loss of talent is huge too. Stick-Shepherd alone were the offensive difference makers in the last two championships - they had a combination of talent and experience that were not going to see this year.

Throughout NDSU's history, the Bison have beaten more talented teams because of their superior experience and execution. They are going to need to grow up quickly this year so that they are playing like vets by the time the playoffs roll around, and I think that they'll take some L's on the way.

I would think that we are going to see some losses this year. We are rebuilding and have lost a lot. I would go with 3. Probably not a number 1 or 2 seed so we will fight to get to Frisco again. That being said, I think if the injuries don't plague us and some luck we could repeat. Because of the unknowns this will be a very exciting season!

i saw a practice this week.

any loss would be a failure for this team
    Stacked w Depth.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?