Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Takes

Default Re: Hot Takes

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Big question mark for me are the baby rams on the O line; need the DOLA to continue.
    Listen to Ross's chat with Blazek on the BRTV thread. I get the feeling that they'll be just fine with Schoening at center. And Cordell Volson has to be legit at RT if they're willing to move a first team All-American in Zack Johnson inside to guard. Sounds like the other guard will be a toss-up between Zach Kubas and Nash Jensen but the thing Blazek said that got me excited is that he feels all 15 guys in his OL room are legit players for this level. He said that's a rarity at almost any school. He raved about the depth they have at OT.

Needless to say I'm not too worried at all about the O-line but there's plenty of other questions marks on the offensive side to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Listen to Ross's chat with Blazek on the BRTV thread. I get the feeling that they'll be just fine with Schoening at center. And Cordell Volson has to be legit at RT if they're willing to move a first team All-American in Zack Johnson inside to guard. Sounds like the other guard will be a toss-up between Zach Kubas and Nash Jensen but the thing Blazek said that got me excited is that he feels all 15 guys in his OL room are legit players for this level. He said that's a rarity at almost any school. He raved about the depth they have at OT.

Needless to say I'm not too worried at all about the O-line but there's plenty of other questions marks on the offensive side to worry about.
    By moving Johnson to guard that allows them to get the 5 best players on the field. Plus if any NFL team liked Johnson at tackle they are going to love him at guard.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    By moving Johnson to guard that allows them to get the 5 best players on the field. Plus if any NFL team liked Johnson at tackle they are going to love him at guard.
    PL, by the coaches moving Johnson, rather than Volson, inside....are they saying that they believe Volson has the better footwork, of the two, for the tackle position?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Yeah, I'd agree that they're trying to get the best 5 guys out there. I just found it interesting that they're putting Volson at RT when he played primarily at RG last year so they could've easily left Volson at guard and Zack Johnson at RT. It's definitely a great luxury to have good enough OTs to move an All-American inside to guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, I'd agree that they're trying to get the best 5 guys out there. I just found it interesting that they're putting Volson at RT when he played primarily at RG last year so they could've easily left Volson at guard and Zack Johnson at RT. It's definitely a great luxury to have good enough OTs to move an All-American inside to guard.

Bizun D will be stellar, tougher than nails

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Beings it’s still the off season but football is in the air I am encouraging everyone to give a hot take or 12 for the 2019-20 football season. If at all possible try to keep it NDSU/FCS focused.

My big one: NDSU football will win yet another National Championship.

Discuss
    We lose to UC Davis

Jabril Cox wins the Buck Buchanan and becomes the first Bison to enter the NFL draft early.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman have a chuckle over the time Gene got und to come to the fargodome twice with nothing in return. Man those guys were desperate.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Jabril Cox wins the Buck Buchanan and becomes the first Bison to enter the NFL draft early.
    I can easily see this coming true.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I envision more of a "get the best 8 players on the field" type of offensive line. Wear down the D with fresh lungs...