Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Nonsense Current Bison Coach Thread.

Default Re: No Nonsense Current Bison Coach Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It was interesting that last year TOP was as low as it has been since 2011 yet the points scored per game was the highest it has ever been in D1. Essentially last year's offense was so good they couldn't sustain drives as well as previous years' teams.
    Don’t get me wrong. I like to win and by a lot. But there is something satisfying about watching their defense get driven into the turf bit by bit. Sounds rather mean when I read this, but there’s no whining in football
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Don’t get me wrong. I like to win and by a lot. But there is something satisfying about watching their defense get driven into the turf bit by bit. Sounds rather mean when I read this, but there’s no whining in football
    If you really believe that go visit SS.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Football is best when it is smart, disciplined, and a meat grinder.
    Insert something clever here...

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Football is best when it is smart, disciplined, and a meat grinder.
    We're going to run into teams that can score, but those teams rarely want to get punched in the face for a couple hours. See SHSU. Over and over again. Ground and pound baby

Reminds me of the quote attributed to a Richmond fan at the 2015 playoff game at the dome: “They’re just running the same play!!!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With a red shirt freshman under center expect LOTS of handoffs. Can our thin RB group holdup? How is playcalling affected by this? We are also inexperienced at WR, could be lots to complain about here on BV.

So, just for the fun of it, I googled "A gap power". When I clicked on the videos four came up in the top row. I clicked on one that had some guys in harvest helmets and it led me to an article titled "God's play: The modern power run game". Click, scroll down to a video and enjoy.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...shmouth-spread
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    With a red shirt freshman under center expect LOTS of handoffs. Can our thin RB group holdup? How is playcalling affected by this? We are also inexperienced at WR, could be lots to complain about here on BV.
    Adam Cofield, Ty Brooks, Dmitri Williams, Saybein Clark and a handful of young guys to challenge for a 5th spot if injuries happen. I wouldn’t call our RB group thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    So, just for the fun of it, I googled "A gap power". Four videos popped up before the articles, I clicked on one that had some guys in harvest helmets and it led me to an article titled "God's play: The modern power run game". Click, scroll down to a video and enjoy.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...shmouth-spread
    'There are lots of power-run based offenses in college football but ND St is the golden standard'

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    'There are lots of power-run based offenses in college football but ND St is the golden standard'
    "they're looking to bash skulls"