Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Hoops Heading to Puerto Rico

Default NDSU Hoops Heading to Puerto Rico

FARGO, N.D. – The North Dakota State men’s basketball team will get an early start on the 2019-20 season with a trip to Puerto Rico from Aug. 3-10.

The Bison will play three exhibition games while on the island – Sunday, Aug. 4, in Ponce; Wednesday, Aug. 7, in Rincon; and Friday, Aug. 9, in San Juan.

“We are excited for this opportunity to grow and challenge ourselves as a group,” said NDSU head coach David Richman. “This gives us a chance to immerse our three new guys who joined us this summer, and at the same time, work to build on the successes we experienced last season.”

“As important as the on-court things are, we’re also looking forward to strengthening the bonds of our team and learning from the great people of Puerto Rico,” said Richman.

NCAA basketball teams are permitted to take a foreign tour no more than every four years, and teams are allowed 10 extra practices to prepare at home before departure. The Bison started those extra practice sessions on July 8.

The Bison won the Summit League Tournament title in 2019, earning their third NCAA Tournament appearance in the past six seasons.

Here's an episode of BRTV with myself and Coach Richman:
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...man-133842669/

Default Re: NDSU Hoops Heading to Puerto Rico

so WHO are they playing?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so WHO are they playing?
    The Bison are scheduled to play three games in Puerto Rico: Sunday, Aug. 4, in Ponce; Wednesday, Aug. 7, in Rincon; and Friday, Aug. 9, in San Juan. The entire trip runs from Aug. 3 to Aug. 10.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't like Tyson Ward's MAIN GOAL for Puerto Rico----TO HAVE FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    The Bison are scheduled to play three games in Puerto Rico: Sunday, Aug. 4, in Ponce; Wednesday, Aug. 7, in Rincon; and Friday, Aug. 9, in San Juan. The entire trip runs from Aug. 3 to Aug. 10.
    that just says where the games are played, towns in P.R... doesnt say vs Whom.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I didn't like Tyson Ward's MAIN GOAL for Puerto Rico----TO HAVE FUN
    What should his goal be.... it’s the summer of his senior year.... games don’t count towards anything.... you will always find a negative

So... restrictions on foreign tours per year, Puerto Rico isn't foreign....
    College of Business Alumnus

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What should his goal be.... it’s the summer of his senior year.... games don’t count towards anything.... you will always find a negative
    Exactly, these trips are more about getting the extra practices, getting to play against another team instead of each other every day and building team chemistry ahead of the season. They should absolutely have as much fun as they can there and build that team camaraderie. The young guys get some extra work in and can build some confidence heading into the season, these trips are great for the team.

so just gonna scrimmage local semi pro's? High school teams?? don't see it listed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so just gonna scrimmage local semi pro's? High school teams?? don't see it listed anywhere.
    Other teams headed to Puerto Rico are Duke, UNC and Virginia. I can only imagine we are playing them.

Just Kidding. I have not idea of who else is going and let the boys have fun and team built. 2019-20 season is a big year for NDSU Men's hoops.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.