Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Code Green (For Real)

Default Re: Code Green (For Real)

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    What color do we wear to honor the special teams?
    They have to do something special first.
    Last edited by Vet70; 07-23-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    'Member that time when they got to kick off from the Sam Houston 35 during the '12 natty and they didnt even try an onside kick lmaoo
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    'Member that time when they got to kick off from the Sam Houston 35 during the '12 natty and they didnt even try an onside kick lmaoo
    I never did understand that one. A lot of people were yelling it. Strange that the coaching staff wouldnt have thought about it.

Special teams and time management. Its seems to be a pattern
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I never did understand that one. A lot of people were yelling it. Strange that the coaching staff wouldnt have thought about it.

Kind of reminds of a lot of people (including myself) yelling about watching out for a fake punt during National Championship game against JMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If we stick to combinations that utilize the jerseys, pants, and helmets that the team currently has, there really can't be a bad combo. The Bison have fantastic looking gear. Personally, I feel that it is the best in college FB, all levels.
    I don't think italic numbers look good on football jerseys. Carson's looks fine, but any curved digits look funky. I would take our previous 2 designs before the current one. Without looking too hard I would take Michigan and Penn State's uniforms over ours.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Bohl said they would have been expecting it. It was one of the all time worst in decisions football. It should be an automatic onside if you you kickoff from the 50, let alone the other team's 35. Bohl and Coach K were both ultra conservative. Entz with his defensive background will most likely be the same.

Not just that but if not on side kick why not pooch it high and try to get them inside the 10? Never understand those decisions to just blast it thru the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Kind of reminds of a lot of people (including myself) yelling about watching out for a fake punt during National Championship game against JMU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    YEP. JMU had no reason to punt the ball. Another huge head scratcher.

As far as SHSU expecting the onside kick? I think a high % of onside kicks that you see are expected.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 07-23-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Worst/lamest coaching decision I've witnessed in person I think. Seen players make some equally boneheaded decisions but man I still lmao at that one.
    College of Business Alumnus