Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Verbal: Grey Zabel

Default Re: 2020 Verbal: Grey Zabel

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Grey Zabel and his Pierre high school team pulled out a squeaker tonight against Spearfish in the SD playoffs: https://twitter.com/ArgusSports/stat...699103232?s=19
    mercy rule is 45-0 in all of MN/ND I believe. even if SD doesnt have 1 in place, youd think the coaches at halftime wouldve gotten together and said. we done here.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

G_Funky is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    mercy rule is 45-0 in all of MN/ND I believe. even if SD doesnt have 1 in place, youd think the coaches at halftime wouldve gotten together and said. we done here.
    Spearfish was win less. Pierre beating them 72-0 a few weeks ago.

The classification system in SD is a complete crock.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Spearfish was win less. Pierre beating them 72-0 a few weeks ago.

The classification system in SD is a complete crock.
    As far as school classification is concerned, it is what it is......everything is based on enrollment. The SDHSAA Mercy rule for all classes EXCEPT AAA and AA (which Pierre is in) is: If the score differential is 35 pts or greater in the 2nd half, the clock runs continually and is only stopped for TO's. If the score diff. is 50 pts, at any time during the 2nd half, the game is called. if the score diff. reaches 50 pts during the 1st half, the game continues until the end of the 2nd qt. at which point, the game is called. Class AAA and AA schools have continuously voted down having a Mercy Rule. Hell, I officiated games in Class A and below where the team ahead by 50 +, has the ball and has taken knees with 3 minutes left in the 2nd qt. The only alternative for a school that is so far behind at halftime is to refuse to come out of the locker room, shower, and go home.

Grey Zabel and the Pierre TF Riggs HS Governors win the Class 11 AA football championship over Brookings HS today 32-16. It was Pierre's 3rd consecutive 11 AA championship. Congrats to Grey and the Governors. Got to watch most of the game; Ladies and gentlemen, we got a good one in Grey Zabel
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 11-16-2019 at 11:54 AM.

Grey Zabel named to the 2019 Argus Leader Elite 45
    South Dakota football team.

Grey Zabel

PIERRE, C-DT

The anchor for both of the Governors' front lines, Zabel accumulated 46 tackles (12 for loss) and nine sacks, whilst blocking for an offense that averaged 300 rushing yards and 219 passing yards per game.

The North Dakota State commit graduates with 84 tackles (39 solo), 14 sacks and 25 tackles for loss.

"It is an honor to know Grey," coach Steve Steele said. "He can often be found with a contagious smile, and many new ideas to try and implement in a game. He is a great leader and truly cares about the whole team, not just the big players."
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.arg...amp/4255355002
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-28-2019 at 02:14 AM. Reason: M key right below K key - oops

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Grey Zabel naked to the 2019 Argus Leader Elite 45
    South Dakota football team.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.arg...amp/4255355002
    Well I hope Grey is not naked or he may have some legal troubles before setting foot on campus.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well I hope Grey is not naked or he may have some legal troubles before setting foot on campus.
    Freudian slip.[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

Just a quick update from Grey Zabel's recent legion baseball game: https://twitter.com/peyton_zabel/sta...40361256611842

Big time wins for the Eights today.

The pitching coach in me also has to note that
    @GreyZabel
    was up to 90.9 mph and
    @garrettstout1
    was up to 89.5 mph...

Love it.

#RollEights
    This kid is an ATHLETE! I remember hearing stories about how Billy Turner had one of the best arms on the team and thinking they could really get wild and line him up as a TE for one play pitch it back to him and let him throw it. To my chagrin it never happened but maybe Zabel is the next guy in line who can do it....

Cue up the talk about the one pass not thrown by a QB last year (also, that 17 yard loss on a reverse that Christian Watson took in Frisco last January was supposed to be a pass as well).

Maybe he should be on the baseball team team too, as a hard-throwing, 1 inning type of reliever.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

This GUY is a BEAST & Really improved at NDSU!

Hard to believe we haven't bumped this thread, that means he's had a super career here at NDSU and hardly made a mistake!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?