Default Re: Bison Fan Day set for August at the Fargodome 13 August 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    2019 Yard sign: I AM BISON NATION

Attachment 8907
    There goes the team effect. Should it have been WE ARE not I AM..oh well
    mine goes to my neighbors yard anyway.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I really like this year's yard sign, but don't think I'll be able to make it. Can some middle aged lady horde a few for me?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I really like this year's yard sign, but don't think I'll be able to make it. Can some middle aged lady horde a few for me?
    I would be most happy to!!!
    We will go to CORTEVA on Friday.

Anyone venture to guess the estimated attendance?? Any comments on the major NDSU Bookstore marketing snafu...

1. Having the backpack giveaway on the same date was not really an issue. They had a ribbon fence to direct those people upstairs.
    2. Having only 1 single line from the beginning of the Fan Day entrance to the corner and out the door, what a fubar...
    The reason appeared to be so the NDSU Bookstore could take over more of the lobby for their use. Good idea, but major marketing failure.
    First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it wasnt pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and
    I suspect after getting their signs and autographs they just left.

3. Fargodome if you have a line thru 1 single door at least have the door with a stop to hold it open, not the people in line doing it.
    Last edited by imabison; 08-14-2019 at 05:32 PM. Reason: corrected rain comment

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Anyone venture to guess the estimated attendance?? Any comments on the major NDSU Bookstore marketing snafu...

1. Having the backpack giveaway on the same date was not really an issue. They had a ribbon fence to direct those people upstairs.
    2. Having only 1 single line from the beginning of the Fan Day entrance to the corner and out the door, what a fubar...
    The reason appeared to be so the NDSU Bookstore could take over more of the lobby for their use. Good idea, but major marketing failure.
    First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it was pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and

3. Fargodome if you have a line thru 1 single door at least have the door with a stop to hold it open, not the people in line doing it.
    Oh, that was last night?

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post

First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it was pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and

Pouring rain?

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Pouring rain?
    corrected certainly could have been rain instead of mist.

Last year they had the line inside the entrance winding around many times, and this year they did not do that because the bookstore had tables set up. I would’ve moved those tables, closer to the east windows, and got more people inside the lobby! The bookstore tables of merchandise could’ve easily been moved further east. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Last year they had the line inside the entrance winding around many times, and this year they did not do that because the bookstore had tables set up. I would’ve moved those tables, closer to the east windows, and got more people inside the lobby! The bookstore tables of merchandise could’ve easily been moved further east. Oh well...
    Exactly they expanded the area and shot their availability to their product in the foot.

What makes the least amount of sense is the end of the line. Why not break up the single line at the end into 5 or 6 and have that many people across handling out yard signs. Instead they put the same number of people but all in a single line with just one guy most of the time handing out a sign. Obviously no one in charge of the setup has worked at or even been to a retail store with multiple checkout lanes.