Thread: USD signs football coach to 5 year deal

Default USD signs football coach to 5 year deal

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-year-contract

nothing about the level of compensation.

Default Re: USD signs football coach to 5 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...-year-contract

nothing about the level of compensation.
    Nielson will push that team past SDSU in quality very soon; wondering if this will be the year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Nielson will push that team past SDSU in quality very soon; wondering if this will be the year.
    No way that happens, anytime soon. He will leave before they even get close.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    No way that happens, anytime soon. He will leave before they even get close.
    I agree. I feel like SDSU will always be slightly ahead of USD if only becuase their coaches will move on before they can fully establish themselves as the better program.

SDSU will forever have good ol Stiggy as he obviously isn't wanted anywhere else and loves his joose!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I asked in another thread if SDSU was the 2nd best program in FCS? IIRC most posters said 2nd or 3rd. So I would disagree that they are close to passing SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I asked in another thread if SDSU was the 2nd best program in FCS? IIRC most posters said 2nd or 3rd. So I would disagree that they are close to passing SDSU.
    Agree with SoCalled on this one. Neilson is a really good coach, who is comfortable at USD and committed to putting them on a winning path. They caught lightening in a bottle with Strevler, but Neilson has been slowly building USD. Not that facilities are a determinate, but their new performance center is done (and awesome) and the dome renovations are moving along nicely. I don't think their product is far behind SDSU (who still doesn't have a QB).

SDSU had a DI head start but it's a coin flip between Vermillion and Brookings so the recruiting will eventually even out and the better coaches will prevail.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Agree with SoCalled on this one. Neilson is a really good coach, who is comfortable at USD and committed to putting them on a winning path. They caught lightening in a bottle with Strevler, but Neilson has been slowly building USD. Not that facilities are a determinate, but their new performance center is done (and awesome) and the dome renovations are moving along nicely. I don't think their product is far behind SDSU (who still doesn't have a QB).
    Yep, and his recruiting has been solid and he wins wherever he goes. I know USD was down a bit last year, but I'm not counting them out.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Both NDSU and USD have QBs that transferred from Iowa State. Jeb Noland and Devon Moore. Hope both get to play a ton and have success (except when playing UNI ). Both seem like great guys who deserve a good shot.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Both NDSU and USD have QBs that transferred from Iowa State. Jeb Noland and Devon Moore. Hope both get to play a ton and have success (except when playing UNI ). Both seem like great guys who deserve a good shot.
    Zeb vs Trey is going to be an interesting thing to follow this fall. I'm betting if close, Trey will get the nod, but more than likely Zeb is going to play meaningful snaps for NDSU this year.