Thread: Student Debt Load

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Student Debt Load

You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Default Re: Student Debt Load

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The comments at the bottom of the article are interesting. Here is a link to the original study. ND is #28.
    https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-w...ent-debt/7520/
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    There is no flipping way. Our colleges here are affordable much like ND. I'm sure it was garbage stats that were done.

It's percentage of students with debt.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The comments at the bottom of the article are interesting. Here is a link to the original study. ND is #28.
    https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-w...ent-debt/7520/
    The comments at the bottom might have more facepalms and head scratchers than this place has had lately. I've heard idiots like that were out there, but I've never actually looked at a breitbart article to see them for myself. I'm a little shell-shocked at the ignorance, and I went into it with some pretty low expectations.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

arent most of the college debt programs in South Dakota?
    I was making my payments to some place in south dakota.... maybe the author is confusing that with something else?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    arent most of the college debt programs in South Dakota?
    I was making my payments to some place in south dakota.... maybe the author is confusing that with something else?
    As somebody else pointed out, their methodology was odd. South Dakota was #1 in share of students with debt which wallethub.com, for some reason, rated as being three times as important as the amount of debt per student. I mean, if your student loans have a low interest rate, people could be paying them off as slowly as possible. Wallethub also didn't reveal their complete data that I could see. I prefer complete information.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    As somebody else pointed out, their methodology was odd. South Dakota was #1 in share of students with debt which wallethub.com, for some reason, rated as being three times as important as the amount of debt per student. I mean, if your student loans have a low interest rate, people could be paying them off as slowly as possible. Wallethub also didn't reveal their complete data that I could see. I prefer complete information.
    ok, figured Denny sanford was using his jacked up credit card interest rates on college students like premier..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?