Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 schedule

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019-2020 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    We're playing harder, but still lack the physicality and athleticism to compete. When the Jacks turned up the pressure in that 4th quarter we did not have the horses to keep up. How in the hell did we whiff on Irwin from Wahp?
    We did recruit Irwin but a family member told me, given the state of our program at the time, she was not interested.

Well, I made it through 29 turnovers before I had to turn it off with a minute left. Denver at that point had attempted 18 more shots than us, and somehow we were only down 4. All these girls were great in high school but they haven’t developed hardly at all in college (cognitively, athletically, leadership, etc). It’s seriously like watching high school girls basketball with girls that just happen to be 18-22.

In the second half alone, I’ve seen each of the following at least three times:

Point guard runs out of control out of bounds with her head down. Three straight possessions we had a wing throw the ball away on a post entry pass because 1) our post didn’t shield the defender and 2) wing player didn’t care to use a ball fake. Threw ball into the post where we have a mismatch, only to then panic about the double team and wildly throw the ball towards nothing at the 3point line for a turnover.

The kicker for me was a couple of times at the media timeout, there was a foul resulting in free throws. The Denver girls all are aware of the situation and go over to the bench. Our girls are standing around the paint wondering where everyone else is until the ref comes over. Obviously it’s insignificant to the outcome of the game but for me it’s indicative of where this team is at when it comes to understanding the game.

Ill end by saying this isn’t on Jory yet, but he certainly still has his hands full. That previous coaching staff did absolutely nothing to develop these girls.

Edit: Now we’re up 4 in OT. Maybe I’ve been the bad luck charm all along

Holy cow!!! WBB wins in OT. Happy to announce the women's team isn't the worst in the SL.

32 turnovers and a victory!

533 In a row

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've been around hoops for a long time and have never seen a team win a basketball game with 32 turnovers. Call the Guinness book of world records!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I've been around hoops for a long time and have never seen a team win a basketball game with 32 turnovers. Call the Guinness book of world records!
    …..and how many of those 32 were unforced. Quite an obstacle to overcome.

Ha! I turned that game on with a little more than a minute left because I saw a tweet that said it was close... turns out NDSU was down by 6. Not only did they tie, but they had a chance to win in regulation. Pretty amazing comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by 80ALUM View Post
    We did recruit Irwin but a family member told me, given the state of our program at the time, she was not interested.
    No one in their right mind could blame her for her decision. 'What a wasted 5 years(?) with Walseth.

What can you say? NDSU stole one, but the women now have a 2 game winning streak at home.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    What can you say? NDSU stole one, but the women now have a 2 game winning streak at home.
    Yep, finding a way to win a game like that is a good sign. Down by six with a minute and change left and sending it to OT was impressive and they did it without casting up the 3 ball!