Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local Talent

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Local Talent

We need to and seemingly do own the local talent, but I'm surprised by the number of kids so far. Is there that much D1 guys in the area or are we under reaching??

Default Re: Local Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    We need to and seemingly do own the local talent, but I'm surprised by the number of kids so far. Is there that much D1 guys in the area or are we under reaching??
    My best guess the latter. For the most part, I wouldn't be surprised if the coaches see something special in the kids that they can develop.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My understanding in talking with a few coaches is generally we have for this talent for nothing and it’s been fairly quiet. This year with area schools recruiting some of these kids we have had to spend some money to get it and it’s been a little more public. No reason a good chunk of these kids won’t develop into contributors like local kids in the past have done. Our staff has seen all of them in person.

The question I'd have would be whether or not the local kids are committing to PWO spots or if they're on scholarship?

When you say local talent, do you mean Fargo-Moorhead, the entire state, or near by?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    The question I'd have would be whether or not the local kids are committing to PWO spots or if they're on scholarship?
    And if scholarship is it full or partial?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    When you say local talent, do you mean Fargo-Moorhead, the entire state, or near by?
    Nearby. More skill positions also. TE and OL/DL are a mindset. WR and LB are athletic freak splash positions

If your referring to local talent as in a short drive footprint or simply in state... seems like we could use more than less.

Ryan Smith, Ty Brooks, Ben Ellefson, Carson Wentz, Travis Beck, MJ Stumpf, Levi Jordheim, Cordell Volson, Tanner Volson, Landon Lechler, Garrett Malstrom, Luke Bacon, Stanley Jones, Jack Plakners, Jeff Illies, Bryce Messner, Esley Thorton, Chase Morlock, Nate Moody, Jedre Cyr, Andrew Grothmann, Ryan Drevlow, Danny Luecke, Matt Anderson, Lee Vandal, Drew Hushka, Michael Arndt... or even go way back to Austin Richard, Jerimiah Wurzbacher, the Kittleson brothers, Keith Buckman, and Tyler Roehl.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If your referring to local talent as in a short drive footprint or simply in state... seems like we could use more than less.

Ryan Smith, Ty Brooks, Ben Ellefson, Carson Wentz, Travis Beck, MJ Stumpf, Levi Jordheim, Cordell Volson, Tanner Volson, Landon Lechler, Garrett Malstrom, Luke Bacon, Stanley Jones, Jack Plakners, Jeff Illies, Bryce Messner, Esley Thorton, Chase Morlock, Nate Moody, Jedre Cyr, Andrew Grothmann, Ryan Drevlow, Danny Luecke, Matt Anderson, Lee Vandal, Drew Hushka, Michael Arndt... or even go way back to Austin Richard, Jerimiah Wurzbacher, the Kittleson brothers, Keith Buckman, and Tyler Roehl.
    Eh stretching the area a but far. I would not extend that to Bismark. Plus as mentioned different when considering OL/DL FB TE and skill guys.

I asked myself the same thing and even went and looked back to other years recruiting earlier today. I trust the coaches but with it being a partially new staff it is in peoples mind can they keep it rolling and how is their first class going to look? Its one of the best things about watching and following college football, year to year there are so many changes yet so much can also stay the same.