Thread: The Wayback Machine goes to 1964

Default The Wayback Machine goes to 1964

I was wondering how to display information relating to NDSU's time in the College Division of football (College Division was 1958-1972) for my pet project, Bisonville Fan Guide.

It turns out that somebody has done a bit of work already in Wikipedia. Here's 1964: 1964 small college football rankings - Wikipedia

Some familiar names: Concordia (ranked higher than NDSU), State College of Iowa (UNI), Sam Houston State, UND, and Montana State all made the final poll - although the AP didn't mention NDSU at all.

AP must have gotten a memo the next year because NDSU started their poll at #1 and stayed there the entire season. What's weird is that NDSU was portrayed as such an underdog to Grambling in that season, but NDSU was the team that had been ranked #1 the whole year in the AP poll and from mid-October on in the UPI poll.

1965 small college football rankings - Wikipedia

Default Re: The Wayback Machine goes to 1964

Any chance there's a full video of the championship game with Grambling out there? I'd enjoy watching that game and Joe Roller and Co. again . Watched it on TV when I was 12 years old. I marked that game as the beginning of my Bison fandom.

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Any chance there's a full video of the championship game with Grambling out there? I'd enjoy watching that game and Joe Roller and Co. again . Watched it on TV when I was 12 years old. I marked that game as the beginning of my Bison fandom.
    Joe's brother Al was one of my coaches in Killdeer during my Freshman and Sophmore yrs. Outstanding fella and coach. I think they both passed away at a young age.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I don't think is much left of that game on video at all - but, man, that would be awesome! I mean, the WHEN THEY WERE KINGS documentary skips the Mudra/Erhardt teams completely, possibly because there was no footage.

The lack of preservation is a shame. The BBC can show pristine highlights of soccer games from the 1950s, but NDSU highlights from 20 years ago look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't think is much left of that game on video at all - but, man, that would be awesome! I mean, the WHEN THEY WERE KINGS documentary skips the Mudra/Erhardt teams completely, possibly because there was no footage.

The lack of preservation is a shame. The BBC can show pristine highlights of soccer games from the 1950s, but NDSU highlights from 20 years ago look like crap.
    I'm betting that somewhere in the wday archives there's a video. Someone just has to take the time to look for it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Must have been that "southern speed" bias.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was wondering how to display information relating to NDSU's time in the College Division of football (College Division was 1958-1972) for my pet project, Bisonville Fan Guide.

It turns out that somebody has done a bit of work already in Wikipedia. Here's 1964: 1964 small college football rankings - Wikipedia

Some familiar names: Concordia (ranked higher than NDSU), State College of Iowa (UNI), Sam Houston State, UND, and Montana State all made the final poll - although the AP didn't mention NDSU at all.

AP must have gotten a memo the next year because NDSU started their poll at #1 and stayed there the entire season. What's weird is that NDSU was portrayed as such an underdog to Grambling in that season, but NDSU was the team that had been ranked #1 the whole year in the AP poll and from mid-October on in the UPI poll.

1965 small college football rankings - Wikipedia
    It's OK to not be OK.