Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Verbal: Cam Miller

Default Re: 2020 Verbal: Cam Miller

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I don't know about y'all, but I'm pretty fucking sick of QB run on 3rd and mid-long.
    I mean I am too, but we just scored 42 offensive points last game and we rushed for 450+ yards. Like what do we really want?

If everyone here got their way and we weren't as successful you'd all be moaning about that too.

9.8 yards per play. What more do we want here?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I mean I am too, but we just scored 42 offensive points last game and we rushed for 450+ yards. Like what do we really want?

If everyone here got their way and we weren't as successful you'd all be moaning about that too.

9.8 pts allowed per game.

FBS.
    Pud schools in FCS don't get the wieners erect anymore.

Until FBS, then it will be yawning and complaining. That is what success does.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    9.8 pts allowed per game.
    Yep, ppg allowed is significantly higher than any of our championship teams.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, they broke tendencies in the first half throwing on the early downs whereas in the 2nd half it was back to the run it on first down pretty much every time and then wait to pass until it's an obvious passing situation... good recipe 3-and-outs against a defense as good as SDSU's.

That game is a good case study on how much easier it is to throw the ball in situations it's not obvious. Went back and looked at Cam's 22 pass attempts by down and these were his numbers:
    1st down: 8-8 for 108 yards
    2nd down: 7-9 for 86 yards, 1 TD
    3rd down: 2-4 for 33 yards, 1 TD
    4th down: 0-1 for 0 yards

So he was 15-17 for 194 yards and a TD throwing it on 1st and 2nd down in that game - that's pretty good.

EDIT: Grrrr.... it still really pisses me off they figured out a way to lose that game.
    Good stuff Professor! The first half of the SDSU game was our best offensive performance this year. We had the Jacks defense guessing. Throwing on first down is much easier than on 3rd down but with a two score lead we quit doing it. I always liked at least a 70-30 percent run-pass ratio. It worked for Wentz and Stick. This year we are 73-27 percent run/pass and the numbers have been moving that direction since Entz and Tyler took over.

OK the heavy run stuff works, almost always against the pud teams we play, but what happens when we play a team as skilled or nearly as skilled. Case in point Arizona and SDSU. What happens when we get predictable or sit on a lead? Can we keep it going in a shootout or rely on our defense? Can we complete a game winning drive at the end of the game? Just running the ball every play late in close games against good teams doesn't work. I am concerned the lack of reliable pass plays run during practice and games make it difficult for the Bison to use them in situations where needed. Our one dimensional offense becomes a liability as we get closer to Frisco and odds are there will be a close game again. And our defense is not outstanding this year so any kind of lead can go away while playing conservative offense. We had chances to put Arizona and SDSU away in those games and lack of aggressive and creative play calling lost the games for us. Given some lack of depth issues this year I blame Entz and Roehl for both losses. Can almost expect the season to end with a similar type game where NDSU could have kept the momentum, but decided to stick with a predictable run game instead.
    Last edited by SDbison; 12-06-2022 at 04:27 PM.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

An offense that looks like the first half of the SDSU game would be nice

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I think that Cam is very good QB, but I found this stat interesting from the Montana game. If you subtract interception return yardage, his net passing yards were 0.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam Herder has a list of the top 25 quarterbacks this year.
    https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...terbacks-bzbz/

Lists Cam at #18, not sure I agree with that. Should be at least top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Sam Herder has a list of the top 25 quarterbacks this year.
    https://herosports.com/fcs-football-...terbacks-bzbz/

Lists Cam at #18, not sure I agree with that. Should be at least top 10.
    I don’t get all the Gronowski love. He has great receivers and he’s undersized.

I’d have put Sluka and Tommy TD 1 and 2… honestly not sure where I’d put Cam since we really haven’t given him much of a chance to show what he’s capable of…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery