Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Default Re: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by ArKSU View Post
    While I don't see Nattys.
    1.HCCK brings a Defense that the BIG 12 has not seen in a while.

2. Recruiting KSU is just going to grow.

3. Tex-AZZ and Okioe Thieves are both poor representations of Defense.

4. I-Oh-Way points to what HCCK can bring to the bIG tWelve.

5. There is a connection that HCCK brings to his teams that most bIG tWELVE cannot match (or to put another way Macho, Macho Puta). When was the last time you heard of a football team giving a HC a Stand Ovation for moving on to a bigger different school?

6. During my playing and coaching career ( my father and I were HS players, college players and coaches, not at the same school as Seaney and Billy, he was Defense and I was Offense and we never got a chance to play against each other)

7. I honestly believe that HCCK will get the chance to surpass what HOFHBS accomplished at KSU simply because HCCK is going to be able to build on what HOFHCBS built at KSU.

Go CATS.
    I think those are all reasonable expectations. Especially bringing a focus on defense to a team in the Big 12.

Yes, he can do it. His recruiting was over the top good at NDSU, including success in the very region KSU needs for success. Now, you give him all of KSU's resources? My goodness, watch out.

The Big 12 is in for a shock; wait 2-3 years, when the defense becomes so sound, these tempo teams look like fools against it. Then, KSU will take their big farm kids and start grinding folks to pulp just like NDSU does.....

They will be a regular contender in the Big 12 at least until other teams figure out they need to change. Key for Coach K, IMHO, will be to get those next level skill guys as freshman......

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yes, he can do it. His recruiting was over the top good at NDSU, including success in the very region KSU needs for success. Now, you give him all of KSU's resources? My goodness, watch out.
    While I agree that CK appeared to be a very good recruiter, are we sure he was over the top good? Let’s not forget that the senior class that just left was recruited under his predecessor’s watch. Yes, CK had to keep them after Bohl left which is an accomplishment in and of itself, but the identification of the talent was done under a Bohl regime. I personally will have a better idea of how good CK was at recruiting by how the next two seasons go with respect to player performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While I agree that CK appeared to be a very good recruiter, are we sure he was over the top good? Let’s not forget that the senior class that just left was recruited under his predecessor’s watch. Yes, CK had to keep them after Bohl left which is an accomplishment in and of itself, but the identification of the talent was done under a Bohl regime. I personally will have a better idea of how good CK was at recruiting by how the next two seasons go with respect to player performance.
    One problem in making that assessment based on player performance is there are new coaches in the mix.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Only guys who were 5 year seniors AND CK closed the deal on all those, not Bohl. That was very much CK's team last year.

Only guys who were 5 year seniors AND CK closed the deal on all those, not Bohl. That was very much CK's team last year.
    It is not worth arguing with this one tcsf....

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Weren’t Stick, Bacon, Jones, Volson, Menard, Connor, Jenson, Allison, Shepherd, Marlette, Dunn, Williams, Butler, Jordheim, and Steidl all redshirt seniors? At least that is what my 2014 recruiting class print out says. That’s 15 fifth year seniors who were starters or significant contributors, not five. Big difference! Anderson, Grimsley, and Pederson are the only fourth year seniors that graduated that I can see.

Can't forget that Klieman had been recruiting to NDSU since 2011. So the last few classes had his touch on them, including the 5 years senior class.

Kliemans got out at the last minute. NDSU is going to be awful this year. Yes we'll again be national champions, but there are going to be a couple plays were a guy or two are out of position.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Kliemans got out at the last minute. NDSU is going to be awful this year. Yes we'll again be national champions, but there are going to be a couple plays were a guy or two are out of position.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/horror-now-ap...-t8vI9EexNVS24
    Don't believe everything you think.