Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

ESPN: How Chris Klieman can follow Bill Snyder at Kansas State

https://es.pn/2LCE7q9
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Good article. Just watch that team; bet by next year they are in the Big 12 mix.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Kind of eye opening to see the pressure he felt (and put on himself) here in Fargo based on this comment:

"I go back to the one year we didn't win the title [at NDSU], and it was miserable, just miserable. We beat Iowa that year at Iowa and then get beat by a dang good James Madison team in the FCS semifinals in a one-score game, and it was miserable. You kept getting from people all over town, 'Tough season, Coach.' So it's always going to be: What have you done for me lately?
    "Miserable" is a pretty strong word for a 12-2 season that included a monumental FBS win but ended in the semifinals. But I guess that kind of mentality is how you're able to fend off the complacency that these guys seem to have almost become immune to at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Kind of eye opening to see the pressure he felt (and put on himself) here in Fargo based on this comment:

"Miserable" is a pretty strong word for a 12-2 season that included a monumental FBS win but ended in the semifinals. But I guess that kind of mentality is how you're able to fend off the complacency that these guys seem to have almost become immune to at this point.
    Entz better be ready.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

To be fair he was probably thinking to himself, this must be what it feels like to be Stig.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    To be fair he was probably thinking to himself, this must be what it feels like to be Stig.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

“ I’d have seven of them on. It would be a little heavy”. �� Epic response.

I hope we remember that NDSU has had the good fortune to have its last three quarterbacks be professional QB material.
    Give the (underrated) Coach Hedberg credit for developing these young men, but holy cow ... how many other colleges in the US have had their last three QBs make it into the professional ranks. How likely is it that NDSU will have that in its next QB? Nothing against the current crop, but this is such a high standard that even if the current QBs are very very good, it is unlikely they will be on a par with Brock, Carson, and Easton.

We won't know how good NDSU is until the season gets underway. We won't know how good Entz is until he reaches about his 3rd year as a coach - when the residual from the Klieman era no longer has much effect. But one thing, I think, is probably true - the play of the QB this year and who is in that position will be the single biggest contributor to how well NDSU does this year. Not the sole contributor, but the biggest contributor.

All indications are that T Lance has to potential to carry on the string of excellence at the QB position. Will be fun to see if he lives up to the standard and his potential. I agree the success NDSU has enjoyed at the QB spot has been a huge factor in the run they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    I hope we remember that NDSU has had the good fortune to have its last three quarterbacks be professional QB material.
    Give the (underrated) Coach Hedberg credit for developing these young men, but holy cow ... how many other colleges in the US have had their last three QBs make it into the professional ranks. How likely is it that NDSU will have that in its next QB? Nothing against the current crop, but this is such a high standard that even if the current QBs are very very good, it is unlikely they will be on a par with Brock, Carson, and Easton.

We won't know how good NDSU is until the season gets underway. We won't know how good Entz is until he reaches about his 3rd year as a coach - when the residual from the Klieman era no longer has much effect. But one thing, I think, is probably true - the play of the QB this year and who is in that position will be the single biggest contributor to how well NDSU does this year. Not the sole contributor, but the biggest contributor.
    I would have liked to see how much better prepared Brock Jensen would have been for the NFL (and CFL later on) if Randy Hedberg was around during his playing days at NDSU. After seeing what NFL teams have complimented Wentz and Stick during their predraft interviews, I think Brock might have made at least a practice squad if Hedberg had been around.
    Hail the BISON!!!