Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Default Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

I actually want HCCK to succeed, but do you people who know him better than I believe he can do it?

Default Re: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Yes.

10 Char....

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ArKSU View Post
    I actually want HCCK to succeed, but do you people who know him better than I believe he can do it?
    He’ll need to recruit and build the right guys, but so far he seems to be recruiting pretty well. He always seemed like the type of coach that kids want to play for, so if he can avoid the locker room cancer type guys, I see no reason why K-State can’t be a top 25 FBS team under him.

No. He will not win three straight and four total National Championships at K State in five years.

1. He will bring something to the Big 12 that is lacking: defense.
    2. Other teams better learn to stop the run.
    3. He will do well and it depends on what you mean by "succeed".
    4. Ignore EC8CH, everyone else does.
    Last edited by Vet70; 06-16-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I agree with Vet. It does indeed depend on your definition of success. This year he finished off a recruiting cycle that technically was not his. 2020 will be CK's first true recruiting class. Being he prefers a smash mouth brand of football most of his recruits will redshirt. Given this It will take 3 years to see the full CK effect on the KSU program. Years 1 and 2 will be all about the X's and O's while beyond that you will see the total effect of his type of recruits adding in the Jimmie's and the Joe's. My prediction for KSU will be that they will be a consistent top 25 team and if not just outside that. They will be in the hunt most years for a conference title and in the conversation for the top 4 on the teams superb years. Year 1 could be rough with a new coach and players learning a new system. I can see KSU winning between 6-8 games this year and 8+ in year 2. Having an experienced QB in Thompson will definetly help on the Offensive side of the ball.

I think he can definitely get KSU to a perennial top 25 status. Doubt they will ever be national champ contenders but I could see possible PO team if they can run the table some year.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A lot also depends on support from the Administration, the AD and the Alumni association/Team Makers for a long term program to succeed. HC is the visible part of the program, but the background support is vital.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m not worried about them offensively really at all. They’ll figure that part out. I’m more curious how the defense does against BIG 12 offenses and the spread beings that they will be practicing against the opposite against their own team most of the week and season. 2 totally different styles I guess. I suppose that is what the scout team is for. If the HCCK defense stays true, they will wreck the Big 12.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get ready for some hair-pulling coaching decisions, especially in terms of clock management. His in game coaching isn't his strong suit but his preparation will be very good especially on the defensive side of things.

He brought a very good offensive coordinator with him that will definitely have success in the Big 12. May not be as innovative as some other coaches in the B12 but once they get their type of player in there lookout.

The relationship side of coaching is where he really shines. He will bring in quality men, not sure if KSU has many off the field issues but those will diminish under K. Give him time to do his thing and you'll be happy. I doubt there will be any Natty's but I could definitely see a B12 title and with it a shot at the playoff.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk