Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
I hope we remember that NDSU has had the good fortune to have its last three quarterbacks be professional QB material.
Give the (underrated) Coach Hedberg credit for developing these young men, but holy cow ... how many other colleges in the US have had their last three QBs make it into the professional ranks. How likely is it that NDSU will have that in its next QB? Nothing against the current crop, but this is such a high standard that even if the current QBs are very very good, it is unlikely they will be on a par with Brock, Carson, and Easton.

We won't know how good NDSU is until the season gets underway. We won't know how good Entz is until he reaches about his 3rd year as a coach - when the residual from the Klieman era no longer has much effect. But one thing, I think, is probably true - the play of the QB this year and who is in that position will be the single biggest contributor to how well NDSU does this year. Not the sole contributor, but the biggest contributor.
The good news is that, while it's always nice to have a professional caliber QB, it's not a necessity for the NDSU offense. If they have an accurate QB that makes good decisions and can get them out of bad plays and into better plays at the LOS that's good enough I'd say. Being a run threat/mobile themselves is a plus as well. Hopefully either Lance or Noland can check those boxes (minus the run threat part for Noland).