Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Default Re: Can HCCK do at KSU what he did at NDSU?

Mentioning that KC will not win 4 of 5 NC at the FBS level is not a reasonable measure of success.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Mentioning that KC will not win 4 of 5 NC at the FBS level is not a reasonable measure of success.
    It wasn't at NDSU at the FCS level either, but it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It wasn't at NDSU at the FCS level either, but it happened.
    It's still not a reasonable or let's say realistic measure of success for an FCS program. Quick quiz---when was the last time it happened at the FBS level? Free tickets at the Alerus from Bubba's helmet car for the winner.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It's still not a reasonable or let's say realistic measure of success for an FCS program. Quick quiz---when was the last time it happened at the FBS level? Free tickets at the Alerus from Bubba's helmet car for the winner.
    Meh, there are way easier ways to get those tickets. I ain't playing your games!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I agree with Vet. It does indeed depend on your definition of success. This year he finished off a recruiting cycle that technically was not his. 2020 will be CK's first true recruiting class. Being he prefers a smash mouth brand of football most of his recruits will redshirt. Given this It will take 3 years to see the full CK effect on the KSU program. Years 1 and 2 will be all about the X's and O's while beyond that you will see the total effect of his type of recruits adding in the Jimmie's and the Joe's. My prediction for KSU will be that they will be a consistent top 25 team and if not just outside that. They will be in the hunt most years for a conference title and in the conversation for the top 4 on the teams superb years. Year 1 could be rough with a new coach and players learning a new system. I can see KSU winning between 6-8 games this year and 8+ in year 2. Having an experienced QB in Thompson will definetly help on the Offensive side of the ball.
    I really don't think Thompson is that great. QB has been a really frustrating position here.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The big bowls are going to be a challenge I think. OU is good now and Texas looks like they might be back. Lots of pretty good teams in the Big 12.

Hope he does well.
    I kind of disagree with this. OU has been pretty good offensively, but they are very 1-dimensional, like the rest of the BIG12. If he can bring a defensive standard to the conference, look out.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I would need to know one crucial piece of information. Is Ben Newman bringing the supplements?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I would need to know one crucial piece of information. Is Ben Newman bringing the supplements?
    Some things are best left alone.
    Paul Fix

While I don't see Nattys.
    1.HCCK brings a Defense that the BIG 12 has not seen in a while.

2. Recruiting KSU is just going to grow.

3. Tex-AZZ and Okioe Thieves are both poor representations of Defense.

4. I-Oh-Way points to what HCCK can bring to the bIG tWelve.

5. There is a connection that HCCK brings to his teams that most bIG tWELVE cannot match (or to put another way Macho, Macho Puta). When was the last time you heard of a football team giving a HC a Stand Ovation for moving on to a bigger different school?

6. During my playing and coaching career ( my father and I were HS players, college players and coaches, not at the same school as Seaney and Billy, he was Defense and I was Offense and we never got a chance to play against each other)

7. I honestly believe that HCCK will get the chance to surpass what HOFHBS accomplished at KSU simply because HCCK is going to be able to build on what HOFHCBS built at KSU.

Go CATS.

Quote Originally Posted by ArKSU View Post
    While I don't see Nattys.
    1.HCCK brings a Defense that the BIG 12 has not seen in a while.

2. Recruiting KSU is just going to grow.

3. Tex-AZZ and Okioe Thieves are both poor representations of Defense.

4. I-Oh-Way points to what HCCK can bring to the bIG tWelve.

5. There is a connection that HCCK brings to his teams that most bIG tWELVE cannot match (or to put another way Macho, Macho Puta). When was the last time you heard of a football team giving a HC a Stand Ovation for moving on to a bigger different school?

6. During my playing and coaching career ( my father and I were HS players, college players and coaches, not at the same school as Seaney and Billy, he was Defense and I was Offense and we never got a chance to play against each other)

7. I honestly believe that HCCK will get the chance to surpass what HOFHBS accomplished at KSU simply because HCCK is going to be able to build on what HOFHCBS built at KSU.

Go CATS.
    What schools did you and your dad coach at?