Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Just coming here to post that. He's a big boy
    Is he really 6'9"? Or more like 6'7.5"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Is he really 6'9"? Or more like 6'7.5"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Find out for sure when he gets on campus next fall, maybe we'll get insanely lucky and he'll be 6'11" by then. Both 24/7 Sports and Verbal Commits have him listed at 6'9" 230. That's Chris Kading as a Junior at NDSU size and based on his AAU highlight video I'm not doubting a bit of it.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He had the body to defend the 7'0 Holmgren. So, he looks like a solid 6'9 to me in the videos. Good back to the basket player, but had a good touch as a face up player also.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Joshua Streit - 6’ 8” 205 - F - Eden Valley MN (Eden Valley-Watkins)
    2021 NDSU offer.
    Other offers include Cal Poly, Denver, St Thomas

Offered by SDSU in football.
    Named to Minnesota Vikings 2020 All-State Team (football)

Does NDSU have any perimeter players coming in next year? they are getting next to nothing from the guards this year with exception of Sam and he's really a 3-4 in NDSU's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Does NDSU have any perimeter players coming in next year? they are getting next to nothing from the guards this year with exception of Sam and he's really a 3-4 in NDSU's offense.
    Unlikely with this being a free year. I could see Witz graduating and moving on as he's already not playing and with Andrew coming in he likely won't have a role next season so if he does it would leave a spot open for us to bring someone in. Noah leaving the program means we are at a wash for scholarships for next year for the time being and while the NCAA waiver would allow us to go over I'm not sure where the athletic department will stand on spending the extra money.

The good news is Cook is starting to settle in a bit, McKinney I think has a ton of potential, I really like his game on the offensive end he just needs to clean up his footwork a bit on the defensive side. Skunberg also has loads of potential and we haven't even seen DC3 yet. I think our guard play will be much better in the second half of the season. Cook redshirted after barely playing as a freshman, the other two guys are true freshman and DCIII is coming off injury so these are really the first real D1 games for these guys with a shortened preseason, if you expected them to be lighting it up 7 games in that's on you. They will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Unlikely with this being a free year. I could see Witz graduating and moving on as he's already not playing and with Andrew coming in he likely won't have a role next season so if he does it would leave a spot open for us to bring someone in. Noah leaving the program means we are at a wash for scholarships for next year for the time being and while the NCAA waiver would allow us to go over I'm not sure where the athletic department will stand on spending the extra money.

The good news is Cook is starting to settle in a bit, McKinney I think has a ton of potential, I really like his game on the offensive end he just needs to clean up his footwork a bit on the defensive side. Skunberg also has loads of potential and we haven't even seen DC3 yet. I think our guard play will be much better in the second half of the season. Cook redshirted after barely playing as a freshman, the other two guys are true freshman and DCIII is coming off injury so these are really the first real D1 games for these guys with a shortened preseason, if you expected them to be lighting it up 7 games in that's on you. They will get there.
    Just hoping for some kind of impact. You can't be successful in a mid-major conference if you don't have guard play and we really don't have any guard play right now. Cook leads the backcourt in minutes and is averaging 6.6 points a game. The dude isn't even shooting 20% from 3 point range. I think we're in trouble if he's our best option at the 2 guard moving forward. Knotek is NDSU's best scoring guard right now and he's not even good enough to see the floor? McKinney really has been a surprise, but I don't think he's going to be much of a scorer out of the backcourt. Skunkberg may get better and looks pretty fluid but right now he looks like he just doesn't belong playing right now. He's shooting 11% and I would expect that to go up but he has looked like the game is too much for him on the offensive end.

2 or 3 of these guys really need to step up if NDSU wants to make a run this year, and this is assuming DC3 is really an impact player.

Antuan Nesbitt - 6’ 3” - CG - Racine WI (Prairie School)
    Commits to Northern Michigan.
    NDSU had some early interest.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the 2021-22 season, can you imagine these guys playing together? This is some size like Bison BB has not seen.

1 Griesel 6’6
    2 H-Hays 6’8
    3 Nelson 6’10
    4 Kreuser 6’10
    5 Morgan 6’9

The cool thing is that the skill sets of our 3 bigs would really compliment each other when on the floor with each other. Nelson moving without the ball, running the court, finishing the break. Rocky shooting the 3, driving to the hoop, finishing at the rim. Morgan’s goto back to the basket game, controlling the boards, protecting the rim. Very complimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    In the 2021-22 season, can you imagine these guys playing together? This is some size like Bison BB has not seen.

1 Griesel 6’6
    2 H-Hays 6’8
    3 Nelson 6’10
    4 Kreuser 6’10
    5 Morgan 6’9

The cool thing is that the skill sets of our 3 bigs would really compliment each other when on the floor with each other. Nelson moving without the ball, running the court, finishing the break. Rocky shooting the 3, driving to the hoop, finishing at the rim. Morgan’s goto back to the basket game, controlling the boards, protecting the rim. Very complimentary.
    Highly unlikely Dave will ever play all 3 together but my favorite lineup right now is when Nelson and Kreuser are on the floor together as the mismatches are wonderful. Wouldn't surprise me to see more of that next season with Rocky being able to slide to the 4 some while Morgan plays the 5. I've always said Rocky's skill set is much more of a 4 than a true 5 so it'd be excellent if we could see him a bit in that role.