Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2021 Recruiting Updates

Basically just need some depth. Starting 5 is pretty much set. Hopefully Skunkberg improves.

I hated the idea of Griesel at the Point, but he proved me wrong and has turned into a really good player for NDSU at that position. I don't think anyone they could have got would have been an upgrade and its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Basically just need some depth. Starting 5 is pretty much set. Hopefully Skunkberg improves.

I hated the idea of Griesel at the Point, but he proved me wrong and has turned into a really good player for NDSU at that position. I don't think anyone they could have got would have been an upgrade and its not needed.
    Yea this makes sense.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I listened to Dave's interview with Brian Shawn yesterday. He explained that part of the problem with this transfer portal is that you have to use your connections to find out about players as you can't do in home visits and host players. What you see on the court doesn't tell you what kind of practice player they are, locker room guy, student, etc. so it can be a risk to offer somebody a scholarship to get them here and realize they aren't a fit. Willie Guy played for assistant coach Sash so he knows him well, Kallman obviously played for Saul so he was able to ask Saul about him and what was even more surprising was that Kallman and Kreuser played AAU ball together so that connection made me feel better about bringing him in. Since our starting 5 and really top 7 are pretty well set with Nelson and McKinney, we really needed to add depth and guys who will understand their role. Most P6 players aren't going to want to come to a mid-major and be a role player for a year or two so it's a tough sell. The difference with NDSU versus a lot of other schools is all of our top talent stayed so we don't have immediate starter spots available. Places like UND, KC, USD, Denver, WIU, etc that lost starters to the portal are more likely to land players from the portal because they have holes to fill.

most any Power 5 guy could come onto this NDSU team qnd beat someone out. cmon man.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    most any Power 5 guy could come onto this NDSU team qnd beat someone out. cmon man.
    Yeah and what kind of message does that send to your team and guys you want to recruit in the future. Come here, work hard, earn your spot and then if we can find someone better back to the bench you go. Not a great way to build team chemistry or a program.

The problem during this process is the P5 guy wants a level of guarantee and not have to risk coming and not playing. That's a problem at a lot of the colleges during this transfer. Thats why your seeing some teams with a lot of activity and other teams with almost none.

NDSU added walk on Kolbe Rada. 6'2" Guard out of Nebraska who had been a D3 commit

https://twitter.com/KolbeRada/status...43683786559493

Recap:

Morgan - Solid Kid, Won state title Offers- Appalachian State, North Dakota State, and South Dakota State (early Iowa then pulled)
    Streit - Dominated @ small school Offers - sdsu , denver st thomas & cal poly offers.
    Kallman - 3rd best player on Northern St. Transfer Zero offers
    Willie Guy - Point Guard type, quick, Offers - St Cloud St & Texas Permain?

Solid B- grade. Offers aren't the best, but Morgan should play right away. Streit is a mystery, Kallman/Guy glue guys.
    Dave should've browsed the Transfer Portal and picked up 2 Power 5 guys who want to drop to mid major in my opinion.
    Right Again, it's hard somedays.....

Morgan - Solid (B), Streit - average, jury is still out (C) Kallman/Guy (F,F)- pointless, should've grabbed 2 power 5 guys like i said 1 year ago.
    D average.

Don Carter III we could add too.

Right Again, it's hard somedays.....

Morgan - Solid (B), Streit - average, jury is still out (C) Kallman/Guy (F,F)- pointless, should've grabbed 2 power 5 guys like i said 1 year ago.
    D average.

Don Carter III we could add too.
    Can we grade you???
    Let’s see, no mention of Morgan’s injury - at least Chapo deems him “solid and a B
    The trend towards incompleteness by EC is troubling……

Streit - another true freshman - no mention of very limited minutes or that the intention was probably to redshirt him, but at least he was graded “average” with “the jury still out”. Well, the jury has already reached a verdict on Chapo and have handed their decision to the Foreman. This continued incompleteness by Chapo may not have played well with the jury.

- Kallman/Guy F/F - Well, this must cinch it with the jury, Chapo just failed to mention that Kallman was a preferred walk-on and that Guy was brought in to provide depth at PG.

Grade on Chapo - Incomplete with leaning toward expulsion given his incompleteness of work.
    Truly a D2 performance when Bisonville had aspirations towards FBS worthiness……

hate on me all you want. the basketball program is in shambles & needs a new direction.