Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Got an alert and article from CBSsports on Grant Nelson:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...hoop-for-ndsu/
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    This class has been heavy on defense. I am hoping they can get a good running back and/or wide receiver.
    Will that help the basketball program out?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

walk on? . ..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Will that help the basketball program out?
    Deleted and posted in the 2020 Football Recruiting Thread.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Sounds like a Rocky style of play, I can handle that if he continues to develop like Rocky has.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Up in ND visiting my family. My nephew plays with Grant Nelson. I watched Grant play 2 summer games today and am super excited for his future. He is extremely long and athletic. A few things that stood out:

He is well conditioned, playing nearly all but a couple of minutes each game (although never appearing fatigued). His ball-handling skills amazed me. Bringing the ball up the court, between the legs, behind the back, quick with shake and bake moves. He can shoot the 3 or drive to the basket and finish strong with several different moves. One play he had a steal at the top of the opposing key and drove it down for a rim-rocking monster jam. He has great hands and is a very solid passer. Strong ball awareness which helps him snag rebound after rebound.

One more year of high school to develop. He has the skills to play any position on the court. His game reminds me of Mike Daum. I believe he can be a true impact player for the Bison and has the potential to be a star. Glad we have him. Great get by Richman!
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Up in ND visiting my family. My nephew plays with Grant Nelson. I watched Grant play 2 summer games today and am super excited for his future. He is extremely long and athletic. A few things that stood out:

He is well conditioned, playing nearly all but a couple of minutes each game (although never appearing fatigued). His ball-handling skills amazed me. Bringing the ball up the court, between the legs, behind the back, quick with shake and bake moves. He can shoot the 3 or drive to the basket and finish strong with several different moves. One play he had a steal at the top of the opposing key and drove it down for a rim-rocking monster jam. He has great hands and is a very solid passer. Strong ball awareness which helps him snag rebound after rebound.

One more year of high school to develop. He has the skills to play any position on the court. His game reminds me of Mike Daum. I believe he can be a true impact player for the Bison and has the potential to be a star. Glad we have him. Great get by Richman!
    Great post !! So, what you're saying is that Nelson is more that a "meh" type recruit ?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Offers:
    Dalton Banks PG - 6'1" Eau Claire Point guard. (WI)

Interest:
    Jacob Hutson 6'10" Center Edina (MN)
    Grant Nelson 6'8" Devils Lake (ND)
    Jak Wetzel 6'4" Cedar Rapids (Iowa)
    MAC attack - Dalton Banks offer list grows with recent additions
    of Ball State and Wright State (former SDSU Coach Nagy).
    Also has Southern Illinois, Green Bay, Milwaukee, Montana and South Dakota.

edina big jacob hutson got offered by northern iowa and loyola chicago in the last 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by bisonroom25 View Post
    edina big jacob hutson got offered by northern iowa and loyola chicago in the last 24 hours
    dangit! i cant wait for the day where NDSU can pull a big recruit over the midwest D1 teams (outside the summit)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?