Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Default Re: 2020 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I was assuming Nelson and Skunberg are both scholarship guys. Maybe not
    Maybe 3 schollys then. I can't imagine Carter coming in without a scholarship when he had other offers out of JuCo. Maybe somebody goes off scholly next year for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Maybe 3 schollys then. I can't imagine Carter coming in without a scholarship when he had other offers out of JuCo. Maybe somebody goes off scholly next year for a year.
    There's 4 seniors opening up scholarships next year right? That would mean they'd have scholarships for Carter, Nelson, and Skunberg plus one other. Maybe whoever it is that is off scholarship this year is going on next year or they're holding a scholarship for a late signing period recruit since they'd only be at 14 total next year still with these 4 new guys.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There's 4 seniors opening up scholarships next year right? That would mean they'd have scholarships for Carter, Nelson, and Skunberg plus one other. Maybe whoever it is that is off scholarship this year is going on next year or they're holding a scholarship for a late signing date recruit since they'd only be at 14 total still with these 4 new guys.
    Correct, I hadn't heard anything about Haman prior to today so my guess is either he's a walk on or preferred walk on. I'm assuming somebody currently on the roster was a 5 for 4 deal but as much as I've asked around I've never confirmed anything. My assumption is everybody currently on the roster will be on scholarship next year and then Nelson, Skunberg and Carter as well. That would be 13.

https://gobison.com/news/2019/11/13/...ege-guard.aspx

Donald Carter III - PG - is the 4th signee today

Carter (Scottsdale Community College) started all 30 games last season as a freshman at Scottsdale CC in Arizona, averaging 13.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.4 assists while shooting 49 percent overall. Originally from Minneapolis, Carter has spent the past six years in the Phoenix area and will come to NDSU with two seasons of eligibility remaining.

"Donald is a tough, physical lead guard that has won everywhere he has been," said Richman. "He's a great young man who truly loves the game and is a great competitor and leader."
    Nice to see a PG in the recruiting class. Someone who can create his own shot, create off the dribble, get into the lane was a big need for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    https://gobison.com/news/2019/11/13/...ege-guard.aspx

Donald Carter III - PG - is the 4th signee today

Nice to see a PG in the recruiting class. Someone who can create his own shot, create off the dribble, get into the lane was a big need for next season.
    Great addition to Hunter for next season.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carter is a 24% 3pt shooter...not the most appealing.

Also did Richman owe someone at Davies a favor? The Haman kid averaged 6 pts last year at Davies in North Dakota. Sure, he's a Walk on, but I'm betting there are kids that averaged at least 10 pts a game from bigger schools and states that would have taken this offer in a heartbeat.

Maybe it's about..."culture".

It's two scholarship players and a walk-on.... hardly an overload on local kids. I'd hold off on judgement for a while. Most people thought Dexter Werner wouldn't amount to much either and I would've loved to have gotten a Dexter Werner in every recruiting class if they could've.
    Plus these kids play so much ball like aau etc so they know much more about them than even several years ago

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Jamestown, Devils Lake & Fargo Davies are richmans basketball recruits... seriously?? sigh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Jamestown, Devils Lake & Fargo Davies are richmans basketball recruits... seriously?? sigh.
    Who did we miss on in the Twin Cities?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Who did we miss on in the Twin Cities?

El_Chapo was told there would be no geography in the test...

But the high school PG who got away was Dalton Banks, Eau Claire WI (North) to Southern Illinois

https://siusalukis.com/news/2019/11/...asketball.aspx