Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richman Contract Extended through 2021-22

Default Re: Richman Contract Extended through 2021-22

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'll just leave this here:

https://twitter.com/ADirtking/status...94304368447488

And also from BisonReport's Nate Zastrow ($): Nate's Take: Not Enough
    He has 2 years to earn a better deal. I hope he does but until then if you really dig thru his entire body of work and look at the teams he beat this deal is more then fair.

Nate Z = SMOOOOOOOOCH
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Congrats to DR and his staff, in my opinion a deserving extension. Excited to see how well the team can perform next season.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Congrats to DR and his staff, in my opinion a deserving extension. Excited to see how well the team can perform next season.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    Curious on why its deserving

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He has 2 years to earn a better deal. I hope he does but until then if you really dig thru his entire body of work and look at the teams he beat this deal is more then fair.
    Agreed. I just find it ironic that there are people who think the extension shouldn't have occurred at all and people who think it was too short. I think it was a good move from NDSU's perspective since it makes it clear that they're not "all in" on him by any means. From Richman's perspective he should know that this year will be his honey pot if they continue their upward trajectory from the last half of this past year. I don't think it was a bad move from either side.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Because he took a senior-less team with numerous new contributors to the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think Richman and his staff did a great job retooling a roster that had some pretty big concerns following the senior seasons of Paul and AJ. I think most would agree they hit on a number of kids. They focused heavily on hitting the twin cities and the state of Minnesota and won all the local recruiting battles around the area.

While it did take sometime for the team to completely gel last season they did come together and played their best basketball at the right time to punch their ticket to the NCAA tournament. With whats returning/adding and the momentum that was built last season I feel it was a deserving extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If it's any consolation for the Richman lynch mob this is about as lukewarm of an endorsement as you can give a college coach by means of an extension. I was assuming that they would give him a 3 year extension minimum and this is only 2. I like it personally. It gives him a bit of security but it also lays out the expectation that he can't just coast through the next few season. I'd guess after this he's safe for the next 21 months or so but this kind of deal gives Larsen an "out" in spring of 2021 after the season is over if he wants one.
    I do take some consolation, yes.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The extension was needed if he wasn't going to be fired, there's no way we were going to be able to fill 4 scholarships next season with quality players when they had no clue if the coach recruiting them would even be on campus by time they'd get there. I think he earned this chance the way he finished the season and the fact that it's only 2 years means he knows he's still on a short leash. I've been very critical of Dave the last two years but the last 2 months of the season or so things seemed to be improving and it ended with us in the Big Dance, I'm willing to give him another shot with the loaded roster he's brought in that we have coming back.