Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Richman Contract Extended through 2021-22

Default Richman Contract Extended through 2021-22

Default Re: Richman Contract Extended through 2021-22

I'm not sure how to feel.

If Dave will continue being how he was last year and it looks like he and the team are having fun...that's good.

Not wanting to see the angry or almost grumpy Dave. It's a sport. Yes it's a job, but it's a sport.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Knew this was going to happen after the run this spring. Glad it's only 3 years.

i just can't, i'm sorry.

0 quality wins in 5 years.
    Ross didn't want that in the article apparently... and to Ross's defense, Gobison.com didn't either.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If it's any consolation for the Richman lynch mob this is about as lukewarm of an endorsement as you can give a college coach by means of an extension. I was assuming that they would give him a 3 year extension minimum and this is only 2. I like it personally. It gives him a bit of security but it also lays out the expectation that he can't just coast through the next few season. I'd guess after this he's safe for the next 21 months or so but this kind of deal gives Larsen an "out" in spring of 2021 after the season is over if he wants one.

DR could write a book.....call it "How Three Days in March Saved My Job"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i just can't, i'm sorry.

0 quality wins in 5 years.
    Ross didn't want that in the article apparently... and to Ross's defense, Gobison.com didn't either.
    but are you sure that Ross did not put that in her article?? Dont you read between the lines, or does it have be quoted as EL_Chap thinks...etc

Richman xxx have options and offers with a limited buyout. If xxx Bison fail to meet expectations, the university isn't tied to Richman long term.

I guess this from the other thread would probably go better here:

Very fair extension and I don't have a problem with it. His second half of this year earned him the shot. Balls in his court what will he do with it?????? Will he grow as a head coach? Everyone makes mistakes, leaders recognize them and pivot and turn things in a different direction. The direction of his coaching career will be decided in the next 2 years. It is amazing what can happen when people have their back against the wall.

I'd like to know the buyout after the next two years. Sounds like there is flexibility to give both parties an out if needed. This appears to be an excellent deal and about what many of us thought was fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I guess this from the other thread would probably go better here:

Very fair extension and I don't have a problem with it. His second half of this year earned him the shot. Balls in his court what will he do with it?????? Will he grow as a head coach? Everyone makes mistakes, leaders recognize them and pivot and turn things in a different direction. The direction of his coaching career will be decided in the next 2 years. It is amazing what can happen when people have their back against the wall.
    For as much as folks love to rip on Dave, putting Tyson inside during the Summit was nothing short of brilliant.