Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Preseason Polls

Default Re: 2019 Preseason Polls

SDSU is not a "HUGE" drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    SDSU is not a "HUGE" drop off.
    I would agree with you. The have been one of the most consistent teams over past 5-7 years.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most of these polls are BS because they just consider player turnover from the previous year and the prospective replacements. If the polls took in to consideration some history... like maybe 5-7-10 years the pre-season polls may have a chance to be more accurate. Part of a actual analysis needs to consider the overall program history turnover, not just the individual player turnover.

JMU is on its 3d different administration all with different programs in 5-6 years.

The James Madison Dukes football team, founded in 1972, plays at Bridgeforth Stadium and is coached by Curt Cignetti. The JMU football team was rarely the centerpiece of JMU sports until the hiring of prior coach, Mickey Matthews, in 1999.

Everett Withers era 2013-2016; Mike Houston era 2016-2018; Curt Cignetti 2018-?

You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would agree with you. The have been one of the most consistent teams over past 5-7 years.
    SDSU is the only team to beat NDSU 6 times in the D1 era.

UNI has the next most number of wins against the Bison with 4 (since 2004).

So what if JMU didn't have a lot of turnover, they sucked last year with those players. They're going to be better this year with an entirely new coaching staff? We'll see....

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    So what if JMU didn't have a lot of turnover,
    Maybe JMU should schedule the bunnies if they need more turnover?

I like the content that Sam and B-Mac turn out. That said, maybe you can make a case for NDSU at #2 and someone else at #1 (BIG “maybe” there), but giving it to JMU is just lazy.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I would have went with EWU way before JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I would have went with EWU way before JMU.
    Yeah, that would be a smart pick because EWU's conference schedule is as weak as it could possibly be. They don't have to play any of the Big Sky playoff teams from last year... and, as a bonus, they get to play the almost-always-overrated Jacksonville State (albeit as an away game.) Anyway, they are almost guaranteed the Big Sky autobid.

Imagine if NDSU missed every MVFC playoff team from last year? So no SDSU and no UNI... that conference schedule would still be considerably tougher than EWU's.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Montana and UNI are both unranked by Hero. Ouch!!!

Rogue poll. NDSU is #2 and UNI isn't ranked. Case closed. One more reason to buy only the Athlon college football preview.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016