Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wentz's AO1 Foundation Charity Softball Coming to Fargo

Default Re: Wentz's AO1 Foundation Charity Softball Coming to Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by stpaulbison View Post
    TKC is a ministry. The food is free from my understanding. Volunteers from the church Carson attended in Fargo will be moving through the crowds ministering a message Carson and his pastors have worked on. They have already been implementing the truck and ministry teams at Eagles' games. If you grab food, don't shrug them off but hear them out and respect that Carson and some churches just provided you a meal.
    They were encouraging people to get in line for the food truck & all of the workers were SO kind. As you went to get your
    Water & chips, one person was handing out Carson’s AO1 Book which Explains a bit about the foundation and Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not according to a Jeff Kolpack tweet. He might have been wrong
    He was wrong. Esley bats lefty so hitting the top of the scoreboard in left center would've really been something. He did hit some bombs that easily cleared the baseball fence in right field though.

I was in attendance and forgot to record the game on Midco. I hope they replay it.

Is there any place to find out what the silent auction stuff went for? I left the game early.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what did he do?
    Joe Haeg missed a pop fly in the out field then immediately after slipped right on his keister. The fielder beside him had to play the ball behind him. Could be a top 10 worst play of the week. It made me laugh though.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

If they do it again, they need to try to get some Eagle and Vikings players. That would keep the draw strong. You'd think they could get Thielen to come since local, and may Dallas Goedert. (I've forgiven him of being a rabbit; one of the best talents I've seen play against NDSU.)

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I was in attendance and forgot to record the game on Midco. I hope they replay it.

Is there any place to find out what the silent auction stuff went for? I left the game early.
    List of all of the silent auction items and the final bids.

https://e.givesmart.com/p/:waGYn7Ba-25/e/cOv/i/

Our (pretty short) game story and (really long) photo gallery (FREE)
    https://247sports.com/college/north-...DSU-133232092/

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If they do it again, they need to try to get some Eagle and Vikings players. That would keep the draw strong. You'd think they could get Thielen to come since local, and may Dallas Goedert. (I've forgiven him of being a rabbit; one of the best talents I've seen play against NDSU.)
    I think it was just fine with the guys they had. You could tell they were competitive but due to the fact that many of them were past teammates they still had a good time razzing each other and I think they genuinely enjoyed being "on the same team" again for a few hours even if they were in opposite dugouts.

Personally, I think I enjoyed it more due to the fact that everyone out there was a former Bison player. Now maybe if they put together a team of former Bison players and then a team of non-Bison players (like Goedert, Thielen, etc) and played against each other it would be pretty cool. But if they just mixed in a few non-Bison with the rest of the guys being former Bison players I'm not sure it would make it any more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    List of all of the silent auction items and the final bids.

https://e.givesmart.com/p/:waGYn7Ba-25/e/cOv/i/
    From my simple math, that's $38,828 for the silent auction items
    Not bad I'd say, I wonder how much they took home from the ticket sales, and how much it cost to put on
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think it was just fine with the guys they had. You could tell they were competitive but due to the fact that many of them were past teammates they still had a good time razzing each other and I think they genuinely enjoyed being "on the same team" again for a few hours even if they were in opposite dugouts.

Personally, I think I enjoyed it more due to the fact that everyone out there was a former Bison player. Now maybe if they put together a team of former Bison players and then a team of non-Bison players (like Goedert, Thielen, etc) and played against each other it would be pretty cool. But if they just mixed in a few non-Bison with the rest of the guys being former Bison players I'm not sure it would make it any more entertaining.
    I agree your idea of teams is awesome. But just having a bison alumni game each year will quit drawing at some point.