Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wentz's AO1 Foundation Charity Softball Coming to Fargo

Default Re: Wentz's AO1 Foundation Charity Softball Coming to Fargo

What a fabulous turnout. We had over 30 family members and some as far away as Texas and Maryland. Proud of that nephew of mine with all the good he is doing in this world.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a great atmosphere. When Connor Wentz hit that ball of the top of the scoreboard, my kids eyes are about as big as dinner plates (that guy can smash a softball; did they used juiced balls?). The weather was actually perfect and the players seem to have a great time.

I don't think the crowd was as big as some suggest. Lots of empty seats. I had purchased tickets for myself and my son, then a couple of cousins wanted to go at the last minute (like 5:30 last night) and when I pulled it up on my phone, in Section B where we had our two seats, less than half of the seats were sold. Nearly all of the $35 seats were open and I was able to buy 4 more adjacent to our original 2. We sat in Row 18 and at one point there was no one in row 18 or row 19 and Section B was maybe 1/2 full. I know lots of folks were in the concourse too looking for shade, but it was far from a sell out.

Great event and sounds like they want to make it an annual event. My take is don't add any players, unless it is a well-known Eagles player or something just to add a bit of flavor. I liked the mix of Bison-NFL'rs and local guys. I had an emotional connection to nearly everyone on the field which made it cool and special.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    What a fabulous turnout. We had over 30 family members and some as far away as Texas and Maryland. Proud of that nephew of mine with all the good he is doing in this world.
    Puck this is a great thing that Carson is doing. Congrats to Bison Nation and State of North Dakota have given to his cause. Make this an annual event. Will attend again without hesitation.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I agree your idea of teams is awesome. But just having a bison alumni game each year will quit drawing at some point.
    We'll see. If they do make it an annual thing I think this type of event will see the Frisco/ESPN Gameday type effect where word of mouth from those who went reaches those who didn't and the next year is bigger than the previous year was. It only happens once a year so I don't see it getting stale for as long as they want to keep doing it.

EDIT: I'm sure they've got better thinkers than me when it comes to this but they could also mix up the format/teams to spice things up year-to-year. Might be fun in a few years to see the 2013-ish alumni take on the 2018-ish alumni. Settle the debate about which undefeated team is better! Hopefully by then we've got another undefeated team to throw in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Puck this is a great thing that Carson is doing. Congrats to Bison Nation and State of North Dakota have given to his cause. Make this an annual event. Will attend again without hesitation.
    He does plan on making this an annual event and I’m sure it will get bigger and better from one to the next

There are so many Charity groups that have a very hard time getting 20 somethings involved that it is great to see all the guys stepping up and continuing to give back to the community after their time here. They don't have to, they don't need to but they did and I for one respect that.

Looks pretty good to me. Figure got 50-100 in the outfield (they don't sell outfield tickets for regular games), a bunch of people looking down from the concourse, bunch of people under the main concourse getting out of the sun.. and like Bison Nation is known for... the beer garden line was probably longer than the bathrooms at the Fargodome. Probably 90% capacity but a huge revenue generator for AO1

If this could turn into an annual thing, it would be great for the community. Glad to hear it's coming back next year.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like it was a good time. Glad it was a success!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They raised over $200,000 last night at the A01 charity softball game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    They raised over $200,000 last night at the A01 charity softball game!!!
    Great job Bison fans!