Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Coaches

Default Wanted: Coaches

Coaches For Hire

Roger Kish currently is the only coach remaining.

Jarrod Garnett - Gone.
    Matt Nagel - Resigned.
    Gage Hutchinson - Gone.

Default Re: Wanted: Coaches

It might be time to make it 4 for 4

Coach Garnett. We know you still Bisonville Spill some beans, we got your back
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This better not be the case.

Changing grad assistants is common, but switching out both assistants, and this late in the game, would be odd and troubling.

Plus, Coach Garnett in particular has done a tonnnnnn to bring this program to the 21st century.

When did all this happen? I see the jobs posted here.

It looks like AmberValley has good sources. Garnett and Nagel were removed from the staff list. Maybe someone can get FRL to talk about what is going on.

For what its worth, I emailed Jack Maughan and Matt Larsen to voice my displeasure and Jack did respond:

"My family has been directly affiliated with the NDSU wrestling since 1964 and I care deeply about the program as well. The two assistants moving on may look like a problem but it is more about the timing. There were valid, personal reasons that both are no longer coaching but it had nothing to do with the status of the program. We feel good about the trajectory of the team and have a lot of optimism moving forward. Coach Kish is working hard to get the positions filled quickly with quality coaches to help with our talented room of young wrestlers."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    For what its worth, I emailed Jack Maughan and Matt Larsen to voice my displeasure and Jack did respond:

"My family has been directly affiliated with the NDSU wrestling since 1964 and I care deeply about the program as well. The two assistants moving on may look like a problem but it is more about the timing. There were valid, personal reasons that both are no longer coaching but it had nothing to do with the status of the program. We feel good about the trajectory of the team and have a lot of optimism moving forward. Coach Kish is working hard to get the positions filled quickly with quality coaches to help with our talented room of young wrestlers."
    Thank you for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post

Thanks for the update BigBird. I hope this doesn't disrupt the team too much.

Do you have any guesses on who we might get as replacements? I wonder if guys like Monk, Zillmer, or Rodriguez will be a possibility for at least one of the spots.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Thanks for the update BigBird. I hope this doesn't disrupt the team too much.

Do you have any guesses on who we might get as replacements? I wonder if guys like Monk, Zillmer, or Rodriguez will be a possibility for at least one of the spots.
    I don't have any guesses, just some folks I'd be interested in. It isn't a great time to be hiring, as most staffs are already filled out.

For the sake of Josh and Hayden and their 2020 aspirations, I hope they don't apply (and I don't think they will).

I'm hoping they get some younger well known assistants. Losing Coach Garnett, I think it is imperative to get a good recruiter and someone who uses social media well. I think someone with experience at a RTC would be nice too.

I think Zach Sanders or Jayson Ness make sense as light weight coaching targets.

Bo Jordan is a young volunteer assistant I'd be very interested in if he was interested in a full time paid job.

Ben Berhow and David Bolyard are two more veteran names who have strong coaching backgrounds.