Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NDSU vs Drake NCAA Regional Elimination game

Default Re: NDSU vs Drake NCAA Regional Elimination game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Bats going quiet in the NCAA is always the downfall for NDSU. There is a big difference seeing 60-65 mph fastballs compared to the tourney when you see 65-70 mph stuff. Our bats always seem to be late and therefore minimal power on any hits. The ladies had a really good season and will come back and get more next year.
    How about practicing by moving the pitching machine closer. Who knows maybe we already do that

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How about practicing by moving the pitching machine closer. Who knows maybe we already do that
    Or just speed it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Or just speed it up?

Most pitching machines are lucky to crack 70 and movement isn't the same

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Most pitching machines are lucky to crack 70 and movement isn't the same
    Ok—> https://jugssports.com/pitching-machines/

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Aside from improving their hitting, I wouldn't mind improving some fundamentals to fielding as well.

Before all you jump in here and tell me the softball team won 9/10 Summit championships and who am I to say things like this about our beloved Bison on a fan board...let me say this, watching several games in the last couple of years, I made a few observations that had me cringing at times and since we are on the topic of "improvements", I thought this would be the opportune time to throw in my 2 cents. It's not a knock on Coach Mueller's coaching or the success of the softball team...heck it might be just my OCD kicking in so please indulge me.

When in the outfield, I wouldn't mind seeing two hands on the ball at all times whether it be taking a grounder, catching a fly ball, or turning a double play...but this is hardly done from what I have seen.
    Also, sprint back on a fly ball, take your eyes off the ball IF you can (better for baseball since the field is larger) and get yourself set facing forward into the throw-hop position with the throwing hand on the mitt ready to launch. Don't be catching the ball over the shoulder while running and then have to set, get in the throw-hop potentially making a weak or bad throw into the infield.

These fundamental basics can mean the difference of a run or an out at the plate. Split seconds matter in baseball and softball.