Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Drake NCAA Regional Elimination game

Default Re: NDSU vs Drake NCAA Regional Elimination game

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Unless she can score 7 runs, what's the point. Vargas needs to play so next year it goes better. Even if KK had started we would lose since we cant hit today.

If we can actually score some runs I might feel differently
    They made a point of injuries to KK that were on going this year. Perhaps the coach is not willing to risk further injury.

Still a good season, disappointing end
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Can't do shit.

Bison lose 8-0 in 5, mercy rule. Horrible end to a good season. I dont think we got a runner to 3rd in 2 games. But thanks to the seniors. Wish it could have ended better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bison lose 8-0 in 5, mercy rule. Horrible end to a good season. I dont think we got a runner to 3rd in 2 games. But thanks to the seniors. Wish it could have ended better
    wow. they probably had the toughest region...but to not even threat to score a run shows how far away the ndsu bats are against the best pitchers in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    wow. they probably had the toughest region...but to not even threat to score a run shows how far away ndsu bats are batting against the best pitchers in the country.
    That Drake Pitcher should play DT for their football team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

was expecting a better showing. need better bats to be a threat

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    was expecting a better showing. need better bats to be a threat
    Regular season is a breeze vs average competition. If you cant score you cant win in the tournament. Even the years we've won, it's been low scoring games. Not worried at all about pitching since it's a lot to ask for a true freshman to dominate in her first run. How do we fix the bats in the playoffs? Unless we can suddenly have mega bats, do we need to go to a more small ball style in the playoffs?

Good season ladies!

As a casual listener to the two games, what did Mueller and the players do, if anything, to disrupt these two outstanding pitchers? Could they have bunted more, tried some slap hits or crowd the plate more? Just seems we were very vanilla on trying to get on base.

Bats going quiet in the NCAA is always the downfall for NDSU. There is a big difference seeing 60-65 mph fastballs compared to the tourney when you see 65-70 mph stuff. Our bats always seem to be late and therefore minimal power on any hits. The ladies had a really good season and will come back and get more next year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.