Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 mbb

Default Re: 2019-20 mbb

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    im proud of all of you for not even mentioning the naia win yesterday, its so dumb that game counts as a W in the column. maybe 225 fans there, just a waste all the way around.
    Got some guys like Bigs and Harden-Hayes some good minutes... other than that I'd agree that it was a waste a time... basically a glorified practice. I'd really love to see an all-D1 schedule at some point but the AD would have to invest in the program for that to happen.

Why schedule a team like that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Because they're a cheap home game.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While it's unfortunate that it was a non D1 opponent and that it was poorly attended due to said opponent as well as the Vikings playoff game happening at the same time I definitely don't think it was a waste. Our guys still came out focused, played well and a few guys who had been struggling a bit got to see some shots go through the net which will help with confidence going forward. Gave them somebody to play against other than themselves for what would've been a whole week and got the bench guys some nice minutes as well. Nice little tune up game before a tough stretch against 4 of the top 5 other teams in the Summit (talent wise, not current standings).

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

If this game was not on the schedule they would have had a week off from playing a conference game. Plus it gives minutes to the younger players on the team. Since we are without two main players right now, I would say this is beneficial. IMHO.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

41/46 shooting free throws over the last 3 games. (89.1%)

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    41/46 shooting free throws over the last 3 games. (89.1%)
    This has been huge, free throw shooting is so important down the stretch, we had made something like 33 straight before missing a couple yesterday. We keeping working the ball inside and can shoot 85% plus from the line it'll help us avoid those dreaded scoring droughts.

big game thursday. ORU is 0-2 . They will come out on fire and at home for 1st time in summit league.

NDSU needs to win this.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If this game was not on the schedule they would have had a week off from playing a conference game. Plus it gives minutes to the younger players on the team. Since we are without two main players right now, I would say this is beneficial. IMHO.
    I felt bad for the other team. They could shoot (a bit) but had no chance of doing anything with the size difference.
    We got some major multitasking in. Watch basketball on court and football on phone.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I felt bad for the other team. They could shoot (a bit) but had no chance of doing anything with the size difference.
    We got some major multitasking in. Watch basketball on court and football on phone.
    Their coach was interesting in the beginning of the 2nd half. After NDSU scores multiple times and following a dunk, he calls time out. Says to the players are you
    having fun. they are having fun. If you don't want to play I will replace you all. Later in the 2nd half he was calling specific plays in the time out, and say ok that last one worked
    let try this one now. He was just running plays to see how his team reacted to them.