Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 mbb

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019-20 mbb

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Did the NCAA birth help us regarding scheduling? I think the women's success for SDSU did, but not sure if that translates the same to men's basketball. Also...we will still have 3 DII games on the schedule - two ND teams and one MN team I am guessing. It's just unavoidable. Maybe Augustana will come to Fargo this year?

Home-and-homes would be great and this is the years to capitalize on that because of the NCAA birth. A home-home with NC Central would be pretty cool in my opinion, to start a rivalry from the NCAA game.
    Not true at all, it is avoidable but the program would need the funding to buy some games with quality opponents and I just don't think we have that. Hoping the program got a little boost in funds this year from the tourney birth. I assume we'll still have the "preseason" game at home against like Crookston or somebody but I'm really hoping we can avoid the 2 regular season games we've been scheduling each year this time around. Watching this team go from playing Kansas St on the road and then coming home to play Valley City or whoever just does nothing to create energy in the fan base. Everybody knows it'll be a blowout, people don't show up and those that do don't get into the game because it's not close. Fingers crossed that we have none of those opponents on the schedule or at least only 1 instead of 2 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Did the NCAA birth help us regarding scheduling? I think the women's success for SDSU did, but not sure if that translates the same to men's basketball. Also...we will still have 3 DII games on the schedule - two ND teams and one MN team I am guessing. It's just unavoidable. Maybe Augustana will come to Fargo this year?

Home-and-homes would be great and this is the years to capitalize on that because of the NCAA birth. A home-home with NC Central would be pretty cool in my opinion, to start a rivalry from the NCAA game.
    Yes please.

Utah Valley on Nov 23. at the SHAC....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Utah Valley on Nov 23. at the SHAC....
    They won 25 games last year and finished 2nd in the WAC. Good get.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

2019 Roster up: 6’9 180, 6’6 165 . . . Ouch. Those guys won’t see the court this year. My skinny 6’2 kids is 175 (high school bb pla’ya). Eat something boys, you need to add 40 Lbs.

Another home/home agreement for the Bison

NDSU Basketball
    @NDSUmbb
    The Bison will play at Idaho on Nov. 26 this season, with the Vandals coming to Fargo in 2021.

I would like to get UNI on the schedule regularly if possible. I'm guessing they aren't very interested in H/H though.
    College of Business Alumnus

Bison are doing a great job with scheduling this year in my opinion. At least one home and home each with both the Big Sky and MVC should be a staple on the schedule year in and year out.