Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
Did the NCAA birth help us regarding scheduling? I think the women's success for SDSU did, but not sure if that translates the same to men's basketball. Also...we will still have 3 DII games on the schedule - two ND teams and one MN team I am guessing. It's just unavoidable. Maybe Augustana will come to Fargo this year?

Home-and-homes would be great and this is the years to capitalize on that because of the NCAA birth. A home-home with NC Central would be pretty cool in my opinion, to start a rivalry from the NCAA game.
Not true at all, it is avoidable but the program would need the funding to buy some games with quality opponents and I just don't think we have that. Hoping the program got a little boost in funds this year from the tourney birth. I assume we'll still have the "preseason" game at home against like Crookston or somebody but I'm really hoping we can avoid the 2 regular season games we've been scheduling each year this time around. Watching this team go from playing Kansas St on the road and then coming home to play Valley City or whoever just does nothing to create energy in the fan base. Everybody knows it'll be a blowout, people don't show up and those that do don't get into the game because it's not close. Fingers crossed that we have none of those opponents on the schedule or at least only 1 instead of 2 this year.