Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bison softball in NCAA playoffs

Default Re: Bison softball in NCAA playoffs

Wow, 6 batters six strike outs. This pitcher is obviously too much for us. Even if Vargas was pitching better.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What is it going to take to get Softball to the next level? It is one of the premier programs on campus but we have to find a way to improve things. Facilities is obviously a huge issue but despite having taken some good steps there, we still have a long ways to go. We have an excellent head coach who we are incredibly lucky to have because he wants to be here. It is highly unlikely that we would be able to replace him with someone of equal or better abilities that will stick around. What is our salary pool compared to other non P5 schools with good softball? Just an FYI, I would consider next level to be a program that can consistently compete to make a Super Regional. Since going D1, we have made the regional championship game twice, once at 2-0, and the other at 2-1 needing to win 2 to advance. Other than those two years, the pickings have been pretty slim. What we have accomplished so far has been amazing and it has quickly become my 3rd favorite sport on campus and the only other Bison event I have ever attended behind m/w basketball and football. Just wondering out load what it would take to ratchet things up a bit.

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What else do we need for facilities? The field is 1st rate. They practice indoors in the winter in the bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    What else do we need for facilities? The field is 1st rate. They practice indoors in the winter in the bubble.
    A softball indoor practice facility is in the works. Not a huge facility($3M-$4M IIRC), but locker rooms and batting and pitching areas. I think the hopeful plan was to do the SB and FB IPFs at the same time, but the more realistic plan might be to do the SB IPF immediately after the FB IPF.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Does spending the first 2/3 of your season on the road help or hurt recruiting?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Are softball scholarships fully funded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Are softball scholarships fully funded?
    Yes, from day 1 in Division 1.

Scholarships are fully funded in all sports at NDSU.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Yes, from day 1 in Division 1.

Scholarships are fully funded in all sports at NDSU.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk