Thread: Will Western Illinois Drop Football?

Default Will Western Illinois Drop Football?

WIU has had a significant drop in enrollment (see article below). Massive budget cuts followed. If you have been to a few WIU home games, you will probably wonder if football is a net loss for their school. I wonder if WIU can afford to fund their current football program. Will they drop down to D2, NAIA or D3? Will they move to the Pioneer Football League? Will they eliminate football altogether? Will they find a way to continue to fund their football program in the MVFC?

https://qctimes.com/news/local/where...951662248.html

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Will Western Illinois Drop Football?

Let them merge with Eastern Iowa University (Iowa City) as so many of their students come from Illinois anyway.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by yellowstreak View Post
    WIU has had a significant drop in enrollment (see article below). Massive budget cuts followed. If you have been to a few WIU home games, you will probably wonder if football is a net loss for their school. I wonder if WIU can afford to fund their current football program. Will they drop down to D2, NAIA or D3? Will they move to the Pioneer Football League? Will they eliminate football altogether? Will they find a way to continue to fund their football program in the MVFC?

https://qctimes.com/news/local/where...951662248.html
    They have a better chance to keep football than Indiana state.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Let them merge with Eastern Iowa University (Iowa City) as so many of their students come from Illinois anyway.
    They can merge with University of Iowa

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They can merge with University of Iowa
    Yeah, wish I had thought of that.

joke over your head.jpg
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

No, not happening. However, the Dakota's need to help get a new SL member close to us so these types of conversations can ease up...

St Thomas was forced from the MIAC and they fit so call them up. Sanford will force Auggie on everyone. We truly need UMKC for travel relief. Finally, push with us for Lindenwood. Private 4, Public 7. All new football schools to the Pioneer.

As for WIU, new BoT has been fast to act which helps. They have a satellite campus to sell off or close first in the Quad Cities. That domino would always fall first if y'all need a sign/warning of stability.

If they successfully change the President (they will) everyone will see an upgraded football facility within a few years. Much support for WIU has been withheld from this administration due to poor leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    No, not happening. However, the Dakota's need to help get a new SL member close to us so these types of conversations can ease up...

St Thomas was forced from the MIAC and they fit so call them up. Sanford will force Auggie on everyone. We truly need UMKC for travel relief. Finally, push with us for Lindenwood. Private 4, Public 7. All new football schools to the Pioneer.

As for WIU, new BoT has been fast to act which helps. They have a satellite campus to sell off or close first in the Quad Cities. That domino would always fall first if y'all need a sign/warning of stability.

If they successfully change the President (they will) everyone will see an upgraded football facility within a few years. Much support for WIU has been withheld from this administration due to poor leadership.
    no more Privates IMO, St Thomas will not go DI

I still have my doubts on Augie getting the votes
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post

good info. thanks dude. go necks! my 2nd favorite MVFC/SUMMIT team
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?