Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible buyout of 2020 Oregon football game?

Default Re: Possible buyout of 2020 Oregon football game?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I totally agree; the Bison will bring it !!! It won't be a gimme; at least I pray not. I just can't believe that there is a whole lot of angst among their smug fans about the game. After all, the Bison play in the JV version of college football. What is there to fear ?
    Are Oregon fans smug? They aren't generally anything to write home about. Had a good ten year run or so though I guess.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Your first mistake was saying "educated duck fan".
    They'll be taught a lesson soon enough.

Well. Ill see if I can get NDSU that Million dollar buyout.... time to start poking the duck nest

http://ducksattack.com/forum/viewtop...458150#p458150
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Are Oregon fans smug? They aren't generally anything to write home about. Had a good ten year run or so though I guess.

I imagine there are two types of Oregon fans:

1. Clueless, arrogant, smug. "Paying an FCS opponent is beneath us." "Why schedule a cupcake?" "North Dakota, I thought ND was Notre Dame." "Probably won't even be able to sell my tickets."

2. Clued in, fearful, reasonable. "Nothing to gain here with a win, lots to lose with a loss." "These guys wear down opponents in the 4th quarter." "Not worth the injury risk." "Have you heard how they invade home team's tailgate lots?"
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

and the patting on the fcs head begins...:

partytime1667 wrote:
    Just make sure you come back here after the game

Oh I WILL!

just like I came back to Kansas State's board, Kansas's Board, Iowa State's Board, Minnesota's Board, Iowa's Board........ rinse, repeat..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

No worries, this one is as good as won. A couple of years ago I was given a University of Oregon t-shirt and throw blanket. Before kickoff, there will be a Santería Voodoo ritual where they will be sacrificed in the name of Marie Laveau.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    No worries, this one is as good as won. A couple of years ago I was given a University of Oregon t-shirt and throw blanket. Before kickoff, there will be a Santería Voodoo ritual where they will be destroyed in the name of Marie Laveau.
    "WHHHEEEEEEEEE.....another man done gone"! To quote the great Bobby Bare.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    "WHHHEEEEEEEEE.....another man done gone"! To quote the great Bobby Bare.
    You must have also heard of Detroit City.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty much know em all.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Pretty much know em all.
    Duck fans are mostly harmless. While they did get a little big for their britches for awhile, they've eaten some humble pie as of late. They DO have a great coaching staff, though. I went to their coaching clinic again this year and it was awesome, again. They also tend to recruit good QB's (in spite of the Helfrich years) so I'm pretty sure that they'll back fill pretty well. Admittedly, an unknown but experienced Bison team might be able to trouble a guy playing his first college game, if that is the case.

So:

1.) Smug? Not really.
    2.) Ignorant about NDSU/FCS? Definitely. There are just not enough FCS schools in the western states to really add context to the discussion. I live in Portland and nobody here knows anything about PSU sports. I had lived in Portland for 13 years before I'd ever heard about EWU. Everyone follows the PAC 12 and other P5 schools.
    3.) Too many uniform options? Maybe. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice but if you said that in order to get a ton of Uncle Phil's money that NDSU would have to include an all white uniform option, I'd be all over it. Money talks.

Nobody is talking about a buy-out because nobody out here is talking about the game. To most fans, it is an absolute non factor at this point. In August of 2020, we'll see the first real discussion of NDSU v UofO in the media out here. We have great sports coverage in this town so I would gather that they'd figure out the Bison story pretty quickly and spread the word. Until then, mum's the word.
    Insert something clever here...